OK... i am a mac user and the software is v4.1 for my BB curve 8310..

is the a shortcut to lock my phone before i shove it into my pocket and in doing so i make random 5 minute calls to people who listen to me rock out in my car??

I use the ZEN them and without moving the LOCK icon onto the home screen or fishing for it, is there an easier way? A shortcut key?

issue #2

I just got the phone last week, i have tried loading several videos on to the memory card - .wmv - .avi - .mpg - .mpeg....

NOTHING works... i see the video, click and nothing zip zilch...

and btw - i am on a MAC...

thanks in advance -
    08-30-08 05:12 AM
    I can only answer some of your questions.

1. Rather than locking your phone, press & hold the silver button on the top of the phone. This button is the Mute/Standby button and using Standby will lock your keybard, prevent it from making spurious calls AND will save battery.

Standby mode will still allow emails, SMS amd phone calls to come in but cuts battery use by a load.

2. The BlackBerry uses 3gp as its video format. There are several utilities around for PCs but I am not a mac user and don;t know what is available for that platform.

There is a mac users forum here on CB so maybe you can find help there by doing a search.
    08-30-08 05:25 AM
    I can only answer some of your questions.

1. Rather than locking your phone, press & hold the silver button on the top of the phone. This button is the Mute/Standby button and using Standby will lock your keybard, prevent it from making spurious calls AND will save battery.

Standby mode will still allow emails, SMS amd phone calls to come in but cuts battery use by a load.

2. The BlackBerry uses 3gp as its video format. There are several utilities around for PCs but I am not a mac user and don;t know what is available for that platform.

There is a mac users forum here on CB so maybe you can find help there by doing a search.
    I didn't realize that about the mute key, thanks for sharing. I just had a shortcut key on the right side under the volume, as my keyboard lock.
    08-30-08 02:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD