Is there a way to turn this off. My old phone (not a BB) also limited characters per text but would let you continue typing in one message and automatically split it to 2 or 3 messages as required. The BB stops completely once you reach 160 characters and won't let you do anything else but send it. Is there a way to change this?
    10-28-09 11:47 AM
    Are you sending the messages to another Blackberry device or a normal phone?
    10-28-09 11:49 AM
    normal phone.
    10-28-09 11:56 AM
    You will have to download an app like Beyond 160 in order to go past the 160 char limit. Or you can just send mms.
    Last edited by thinkamp; 10-28-09 at 12:05 PM.
    10-28-09 11:58 AM
    You will have to download and app like Beyong 160 in order to go past the 160 char limit. Or you can just send mms.
    Yup. MMS limit is 1000 char.
    10-28-09 12:00 PM
    okay....thanks
    10-28-09 12:05 PM
    Yea u can send MMS messages but I've found that they are not very time efficient at all, the shortest it takes on of my MMS messages to send is around 15 - 20 minutes and the longest has been an hour that I'm aware of. Where can we find this "Beyond 160" program, is it any good, easy to use?
    10-28-09 12:14 PM
    here is the link to the app: Beyond160 - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

the only thing that might turn you off is it is 7 bucks.
    but the app is good...I was a tester for it and I love it.

there is also Textender, but I have never used it so I can't personally recomend it. Here is the link for it: Textender - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    10-28-09 12:17 PM
    Yea u can send MMS messages but I've found that they are not very time efficient at all, the shortest it takes on of my MMS messages to send is around 15 - 20 minutes and the longest has been an hour that I'm aware of. Where can we find this "Beyond 160" program, is it any good, easy to use?
    15 - 20 mins or an hour? lol...

get a new carrier then. I just sent a pic, and a ton of text. got a response from the recipient in less than 1 min!

15 - 20 mins? Holy moses!
    10-28-09 12:21 PM
    so this beyond app do you have to do anything or does it just run in the background
    10-28-09 12:25 PM
    so this beyond app do you have to do anything or does it just run in the background
    when you are done with it you can just close it and go back to regular text.

ie. if you are texting in your normal sms/mms inbox and then *bam* you hit 160 chars you hit your menu and scroll up to go Beyond 160 and continue to your message and send.
    10-28-09 12:27 PM
    o ok so u dont have to open just hit menu while u are texting regularly and it works ok cool thanks guys
    10-28-09 12:34 PM
    Hmm.... i have sprint and it never takes more than a couple minutes for someone to receive a MMS from me.
    10-28-09 01:18 PM
    I DLed the app today. My impression was, from the normal bb SMS I could start a SMS, if I hit 160 characters I could select the Menu button>Options>and then Beyond160; which would then allow me to continue typing. Is this correct?

I don't have Beyond160 in Options - I only have what priority I would like to send the SMS as. I'm new to bb, the menu button they are referring to is the button next to the green phone/send button, correct? Any idea why Beyond160 isn't appearing?

Thanks!
    10-30-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD