I am doing this for a friend. She has an 8310 on att. She has been receiving about 100+ of these emails every few hours. She said the number after bca doesn't seem right. Here is the email:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Any help in stopping them or why they're happening?!
    TIA
    Amy

ETA: Never mind, DM set up wrong!?
    Last edited by perkyaim99; 11-22-08 at 11:17 AM.
    11-22-08 11:14 AM
    You're correct. Your friend selected BES when she should have selected BIS. Uninstall DM and reinstall, select BIS, and all will be well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 12:22 PM
    You're correct. Your friend selected BES when she should have selected BIS. Uninstall DM and reinstall, select BIS, and all will be well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok still having problems. She uninstalled it and reinstalled DM 4.2 twice with no change. Then today uninstalled and installed DM 4.7 and no change either. She says she selected BIS personal email every time.

Any other ideas?

I think she's going to call att on Monday. She is using Outlook if it makes a difference. I told her how to set up a filter so those emails wouldn't be bogging down her phone. About 100 emails every hour.
    11-29-08 08:07 PM
    Ive heard issues with 4.7 DM, I use 4.5 and love it, perhaps try another version then see...
    11-29-08 08:11 PM
    Ive heard issues with 4.7 DM, I use 4.5 and love it, perhaps try another version then see...
    I'll pass it on. I think she's sick of the phone! She keeps mentioning an iphone! I keep thinking it may be human error but she said she uninstalled the DM software and on reinstall selected BIS.
    11-29-08 08:15 PM
    Also have to delete and readd her email address too.
    11-29-08 08:20 PM
    Also have to delete and readd her email address too.
    She did do that. I checked her phone the other day and she didn't accidently register BES on her phone. I am wondering if she optimized it and got rid of the BES stuff if that would help? For some reason the network thinks it's BES and that is why she's getting all the emails?
    11-29-08 08:24 PM
    She clarified to me that the network emails all started when she registered the host routing table. Would that cause tons of network emails? She said she never did anything with DM, so it may not be a BES choice by mistake.
    11-30-08 04:55 PM
    what email address is she using. i had the same problem with gmail due to spam and junk mail but i corrected the problem pretty easily
    11-30-08 05:22 PM
    what email address is she using. i had the same problem with gmail due to spam and junk mail but i corrected the problem pretty easily
    It's comcast with Outlook.
    11-30-08 05:31 PM
    is she getting a lot of junk mail because sometimes it could be that or it could be she isnt properly using her BIS correctly. changed settings etc. She might be better off redoing the setup of her email accounts
    11-30-08 05:54 PM
    It's not junk mail. It's a network email found in post #1. She gets that email about 100 times an hour. Something obviously isn't set up right. So far she has:

Uninstalled and reinstalled DM 3 times

Deleted and added email on phone

Resent service books

Deleted facebook app
    is she getting a lot of junk mail because sometimes it could be that or it could be she isnt properly using her BIS correctly. changed settings etc. She might be better off redoing the setup of her email accounts
    11-30-08 05:59 PM
    Has she deleted her individual email addresses? Then reinstall them.
    11-30-08 06:02 PM
    Has she deleted her individual email addresses? Then reinstall them.
    Yes, she said she's done that and still the email keep coming. She set up a filter so only about 16 come through to her phone, the rest she deletes off her PC. She is giving me her phone tonight and I will try deleting her email accounts and setting them up again. She also wants me to upgrade it too.
    11-30-08 06:05 PM
    might be best to wipe it all and start over from scratch
    11-30-08 06:24 PM
    might be best to wipe it all and start over from scratch
    Yeah, that is what I was going to do but wanted to try removing the email address and adding it again to see if it fixed it first.
    11-30-08 06:29 PM
    i doubt it's anything with her actual phone, wiping it wouldnt really do much. it sounds like its on the server side, so even if she did wipe her device, the server will continue to send her those annoyin emails.

she should contact At&t, that is the best solution. they may be able to reset her account or update it on the backend or set up proper filters. good luck!
    11-30-08 08:29 PM
    i doubt it's anything with her actual phone, wiping it wouldnt really do much. it sounds like its on the server side, so even if she did wipe her device, the server will continue to send her those annoyin emails.

she should contact At&t, that is the best solution. they may be able to reset her account or update it on the backend or set up proper filters. good luck!
    Thanks! She did contact att and they offered to replace her phone with a refurbished one and she didn't want to do that. I forwarded your advice to her, so she knows what to ask them to do. Worst case she can just set up a filter to send those emails to her junk mail folder. Everything else on the phone is working fine, just the network emails. No more facebook either, she wasn't getting emails with facebook installed.
    11-30-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD