hi, so i have a minor problem with email. i'm pretty new to the blackberry and only now have i started taking advantage of all its features. these forums are a great resource! anyway, here's my annoying problem:

i have 3 different email addresses - A, B, and C.

currently, i have it set up so that B and C all forward to A. A is a gmail account so this has been working out incredibly well.

i have the blackberry BIS set up so that i can SEND emails from my blackberry using A, B, or C. I achieved this by setting up email at att.blackberry.com, but disabling the forwarding for B and C. this way, I get all my emails in the A inbox just once. This works alright. But now when I receive an email sent to B in my A inbox, and I reply... the replied message shows that I am replying from A. I want it to be set up so that the blackberry responds using my B address, since the B address was where the sender originally sent the message to.. does this make sense?

does anybody have a clue to get this working? i know its a somewhat complicated situation, so i'm tryin to somehow get this all working. i *really* want to continue having B and C forward to A, because its a pain checking 3 inboxes and i really like the gmail interface online.. sigh.

if anybody has some pointers i'd appreciate it! p.s, if this is in the wrong forum please be kind to move it for me. thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 11:37 PM
    Maybe try this if B & C are able to be accessed by POP3 which it would seem they are?

Go to your Gmail settings and then accounts.

Configure GMAIL to retrieve the email from accounts B & C under the "Get mail from other accounts" section.

Turn off the forwarding on B & C and Gmail, Gmail will now get the emails from your other accounts B & C.

You can even take B & C out of the BIS and only have your Gmail on it.

When you go to compose or reply in Gmail then you can either select the email account to use or when replying I'm pretty sure it defaults to the account it came from.

Good Luck.
    12-12-08 12:47 AM
    hm, i'm using imap for all 3 accounts.
    well, the problem is... B and C are forwarding to A, which is a gmail account. A is forwarded to my blackberry. On my blackberry, when I reply to a message sent to B... my blackberry sends it out from A since thats where the email came into my blackberry. and i can't seem to find a way to change the email address i use when i reply to an email (i found how to do this when i simply want to send an email, though)... does this make sense? thanks for the help.
    12-12-08 01:28 AM
    If you can set them up on Gmail, it should still work though, as Gmail will let you pick what email account to send from if it knows about the email. I had 4 different email accounts from Yahoo, MSN, and an ISP that I did this with. But then again, they were all accessed through POP. If you can set them up in Gmail, you can send and reply from Gmail with any account that is configured, that part I know works.
    12-12-08 02:57 AM
    Hmm.. Well I know that on gmail online, I can have it set up so that when I receive an email from B, gmail will respond so that it replies from B. I know that this part works.... And it works perfectly. I want it to work like that on my blackberry via imap but it doesn't. Will it work like this if I use pop? This is really annoying...

12-12-08 11:56 AM
    Sorry, but I just reread your post and I'm assuming that it works via pop. Ill try that out later. I really preferred using imap, though... Because email was instant and it syncronized with gmail online. Thanks for you help.

12-12-08 11:58 AM
    I know I'm late to the party, but if your concern is that you want to only check one inbox on your blackberry, you could set up B and C on BIS (but not thru the att.blackberry.net address) as well and not forward them to A so then all the messages will come to your main messages folder. That way, when you reply, it will be from the email it was originally sent to.

You can hide the individual folders if you don't want to see them.
    12-12-08 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD