Hello:

I posted this on the 8350i Curve forum, but garyf33 suggested I post here for suggestions also.

I'm working on a theme and want to put icons on the home screen that will take me to applications that I've loaded on my BB; I'm no artist for sure but want a simple and functional theme. Anyway, how do I get the theme builder to let me put applications like TwitterBerry and others on my home screen? Or am I asking for something that is not yet possible? Thanks!
    10-18-09 06:44 PM
    Just put any 5 or 6 icons on the home screen and make sure the "use device application order" box is checked (this may not be the exact phrase) - What this means is that in your theme, the icons on the top row of your applications screen will be what shows on the home screen. Move your wanted icons there and you've done it!
    10-31-09 12:14 PM
    Just put any 5 or 6 icons on the home screen and make sure the "use device application order" box is checked (this may not be the exact phrase) - What this means is that in your theme, the icons on the top row of your applications screen will be what shows on the home screen. Move your wanted icons there and you've done it!

Hey there cputoys--we moved to socal from sojersey...small world.

Anyway, so if I use that application order thing you mention, will I be able to have those particular icons show up in the list of applications I want to show up on the desktop as well? For example, if I put the link to my bolt browser on the top row of the home screen and check the box you mentioned, will I be able to have the bolt browser icon show up on my desktop when I turn on my phone?
    10-31-09 06:00 PM
    Hey there cputoys--we moved to socal from sojersey...small world.

Anyway, so if I use that application order thing you mention, will I be able to have those particular icons show up in the list of applications I want to show up on the desktop as well? For example, if I put the link to my bolt browser on the top row of the home screen and check the box you mentioned, will I be able to have the bolt browser icon show up on my desktop when I turn on my phone?
    Yes, I should have said -- when designing the theme it is not important what icons you use in the home screen positions--provided you have checked that box. After the new theme is loaded you can arrange your favorites on the top row of your app screen and these will now be used on your home screen. I hope that's clearer. Try it!
    10-31-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD