Click on a button, on the right, there is a panel called Inspector. There should be a few tabs. Under one of those tabs you will find Use Device Application Order.
    04-04-09 02:47 PM
    Okay, first test done an all went well except that the Enter and Skip buttons don't show up on the main screen. It still functions as if they were there, but they are not visible. Time to go back and figure this out.
    04-04-09 06:46 PM
    let me know if you need help?
    04-04-09 08:27 PM
    Well I tryed a new one from scratch, and everything seemed good, until I loaded it in simulator. Again no Enter or Skip buttons. I loaded it to my phone anyways, hopefully they are there, but I doubt it. I am so close.
    Last edited by shank69xo; 04-04-09 at 09:14 PM.
    04-04-09 09:12 PM
    So you used the simulator to test it? Can you still activate the doors? If so, check the order of the layers. Make sure from top down they go - Icons, Enter_Skip_Resume, then Doors. This is because of an order issue. If the doors are above the Enter_Skip_Resume, the doors will show ontop of the buttons.
    04-04-09 09:18 PM
    So you used the simulator to test it? Can you still activate the doors? If so, check the order of the layers. Make sure from top down they go - Icons, Enter_Skip_Resume, then Doors. This is because of an order issue. If the doors are above the Enter_Skip_Resume, the doors will show ontop of the buttons.
    Dohh, thats what it is. I'll fix it now and then you can check it out.
    04-04-09 09:21 PM
    Okay I got everything working great except two bugs I cannot seem to work out.

The first is On the animation screen when it shows The image and Enter and Skip, Enter only Shows up when I scroll to it. Skip stays visible as set to.

The second bug is the one I really need fixed for the theme to work properly.
    When I click the Resume button, the doors close and everything, and the Skip button shows up, but the Enter buutton does not, and I also cannot select the skip button anymore.
    I double checked the activations menu, and it is set to show the Enter button so I dont know.

But i am calling it a night and will finish up in the morning.
    Awesome job on this tutorial quinn, without it I would not have gotten this far.
    04-04-09 11:12 PM
    I think the 2 instances for the Enter button are related. Try going into the Enter button's layer and double click on the Enter button. This will take you into the button editor. Check the normal and focus out states. If the normal state has the image barely visible, try setting the opacity a little higher, see if that works.

As far as not being able to get to the skip or enter buttons, that is going to be a navigation issue in Theme Builder. Make sure there is always an outlet to either the skip or enter button.
    04-04-09 11:41 PM
    LOL man one thing after another. Nothing to do with the tut. Im sure its stupid error on my part. Got the two previous bugs worked out, but now the damn animation is messed up. In composer it works fine, but when I load it to simulator, one dorr swings open fast, and the other slowww. I checked the FPS and all is correct, and the animation does play correctly in Composer. Well after I eat, I'll start again from scratch. Im strung out on this theme like crack I tell ya.
    04-05-09 04:15 PM
    What do you mean in Composer it is fine and not in the simulator? Are you using the built in simulator in Composer to test it? Make sure that the FPS is set not only on the main stage, but also in each animation (double click the animation to open the editor stage, then check the fps in there).
    04-05-09 04:22 PM
    LOL man one thing after another. Nothing to do with the tut. Im sure its stupid error on my part. Got the two previous bugs worked out, but now the damn animation is messed up. In composer it works fine, but when I load it to simulator, one dorr swings open fast, and the other slowww. I checked the FPS and all is correct, and the animation does play correctly in Composer. Well after I eat, I'll start again from scratch. Im strung out on this theme like crack I tell ya.
    No doubt. Getting this to work has become an obsession for me. The tutorial is perfect but when ur nor very versed in this kind of stuff, like me, it is a learning process. The first couple of days that the post was up I worked religiously on it. Those two days were two of the very few days that I don't have my two very small children attached to my hip though. I was hoping to get it done then but now I only find a few minutes here and there to work on it when I am on break at work. Regardless I plan on seeing it through and with the ever so unselfish help of Quinn I know the themes will keep getting better and better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 04:24 PM
    yes i checked both animations FPS, both were 4. And I mean that in composer when you view the animation by pressing play at the bottom, and also when you view each animation in inspector, they work perfectly. But after making using theme builder, load the svg, and edit the theme, then when I load simulator, thats when the animation is messed up.

Trying a new one now.
    04-05-09 04:29 PM
    I don't know if you stated this or not, but make sure that Real Time is checked next to the time interval.
    04-05-09 04:56 PM
    FINALLY... got it done and posted in the 8350i themes forum. Thanks quinn for all your help. There's still a few things I would like to do to it but overall its finished.

Awesome Guide, I would have never figured this out on my own...ever
    04-06-09 02:02 PM
    No problem, glad I was able to help you through it!!
    04-06-09 02:08 PM
    Shank,
    Congrats on graduating the course. I'm going to check out your accomplishment later today.

Quinn,
    I ran through to the end of the tutorial yesterday. I skipped the rectangle part and each step that had to do with it. I ended up getting a ton of errors but now I have a really good feel for where everything is and am flying through the steps. I will report back soon.
    Later,
    Yamus

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:06 AM
    OK. I think I am getting really close. I am sure that I have the doors part correct. I am also sure that my enter,skip, resume actions are all correct. I went back and triple checked all three of them against the tutorial. I went ahead and exported to my phone and this is what I got.

When theme is loaded, I can see the doors but no buttons. I tried messing around with the track ball and clicking and was able to get the left door to open slowly once. After that, nothing. I may be wrong but am I supposed to repeat this step with the right door?

Finally, The Enter Button:

1. Click on the Enter Button, and on the right, click Activate.

2. click on the Play button, and in the drop down, click on the Left door, click on the Start check box and in the boxes they should read, 1 and 15.

Also, there is not an enter or skip button showing when at the door screen on loaded them.

In composer, if I click on the enter_skip_resume layer, it shows all three buttons under objects. Also, I can see the buttons on the canvas but only if I hide the doors layer.

The very first time I loaded the theme, which is just a custom theme with the SVG attached, I was able to get the doors to disappear so I could see the home screen. On the home screen, I could see my opaque rectangle but no icons. No matter which way I moved my trackball, nothing would happen.

I know that the icons are there because in Composer I can click on the ICONS layer and see them but only if I select the transformation tool and select the area where I put the icons and the rectangle. I can do this with or without the DOORS layer hid but all I see is the hollow green box for my rectangle and the hollow green box for the two icons that I placed in the middle. (I have both set to application order)

I know this is a bunch of questions but I feel like I am really close and all of this could be something simple I am missing. Please let me know if you can help with any or all of this. Some of this might be right and I am just thinking its wrong. All I know is that I spent way too much time at work working on this LOL and I feel I am so close I can taste it.

T.I.A,
    Yamus
    04-08-09 01:37 PM
    Yam

Take a look at a post I put on here a couple days ago. The reason that you cannot see your buttons or icons is because the order of you layers is wrong. From bottom to top, the layers should go: Doors, Enter_Skip_Resume, Icons. If yoiu cannot reach the bottons, it is going to be a navigation issue also. Are you doing 3 icons? I can do a diagram for the navigation of the 3 icons and 3 buttons.
    04-08-09 02:08 PM
    Yam

Take a look at a post I put on here a couple days ago. The reason that you cannot see your buttons or icons is because the order of you layers is wrong. From bottom to top, the layers should go: Doors, Enter_Skip_Resume, Icons. If yoiu cannot reach the bottons, it is going to be a navigation issue also. Are you doing 3 icons? I can do a diagram for the navigation of the 3 icons and 3 buttons.
    OK Quinn. Let me rework this real quick and I will report back. I am only using two icons for now but might add one more when I am finished with the complete theme.
    04-08-09 02:14 PM
    Made changes, exported, but theme on phone. I can see enter and skip now but now matter which way I roll, I cannot get either one of them to focus in or out. I am sure that is a navigational error like you said.

Once again, I was able to get the door to open once but only the left door and it was real glitchy. Only the left door opening I think is what I asked you about a couple post up in the red font. I will try that. Why the one door is leaving streaks when it opens, I do not know.

With the right door still being closed, I could see my rectangle on top of it. No icons, nothing to navigate to. I could only resume and close the doors, which seemed to work fine.

As far as navigation, if you could help me, here is my layout. I have two icons on the right side of the screen located just above the middle. My enter button is at the very bottom in the middle. My skip button is located in the very top-left corner and the resume button is about 3/4" under that. I have removed profile icons from homescreen and changed banner to full screen, if that makes a difference.
    04-08-09 02:54 PM
    Ok, I am guessing that the icons are verticle, so let's give it a chance.

Enter right to lower icon. Lower icon up to upper icon. Upper icon left to enter. Enter down to skip. Skip down to resume. Resume down to upper icon. Lower icon down to resume.

It is a little spuradic. I am not in front of a computer, so I am thinking about it as I go. Remember, make sure it is set to no memory and do not create navigational defaults.

Let me know if it works for you.
    04-08-09 04:02 PM
    Sorry forgot to add, YES. Repeat the steps for the right door that you did with the left. That goes for the entire process.
    04-08-09 04:04 PM
    Yep. I already went back and fixed that right door. I am loading the theme with the new nav links now. The thing that is really get's me though is that, even when I have been able to get the doors to open, I will see the rectangle where my icons should be. Never any icons though???

That part seemed really simple. Just use the theme button and create the squares where your icons will be. The builder should automatically put the icons in, since I have both of them selected to use device order. Hmmm. maybe the navs you gave me will fix it.
    Unfortunately, I gotta go. Thanks again for all your help. Tomorrows a new day.
    Later,
    Yamus
    04-08-09 04:23 PM
    Yep. I already went back and fixed that right door. I am loading the theme with the new nav links now. The thing that is really get's me though is that, even when I have been able to get the doors to open, I will see the rectangle where my icons should be. Never any icons though???

That part seemed really simple. Just use the theme button and create the squares where your icons will be. The builder should automatically put the icons in, since I have both of them selected to use device order. Hmmm. maybe the navs you gave me will fix it.
    Unfortunately, I gotta go. Thanks again for all your help. Tomorrows a new day.
    Later,
    Yamus
    sorry to jump in here but i was working on this last night too. Did you make sure to send your rectangle to the back so your icons show on top of it?
    04-09-09 09:24 AM
    i have worked through this tut several times and finally have everything except one working. When i press enter and the doors open, my resume button never shows up. Is it supposed to? I was thinking the purpose of resume was to close the doors?
    04-09-09 12:32 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD