I HAVE HAD MY PHONE FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS. IAM SO FRUSTRUATED WITH THIS THEME SITUATION!!! I HAVE FOUND THEMES AND THEY SHOW UNDER MY APPLICATIONS. i DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE NEXT STEP IAM SUPPOSED TO DO? THIS IS MY FIRST BB!! IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE HELP ME!!1
    thANKS.
    01-08-09 08:49 AM
    RIM has knowledge of this problem and is currently developing a solution to fix this in an upcoming OS software release. This occurs because most themes are built upon dimensions that were never part of this phone. Be patient; the technology is brand new, so support for issues may be limited for some time.
    01-08-09 10:14 AM
    so the os is 4.6 can i change my os to 4.5? is tha possible???
    01-08-09 04:40 PM
    That's a really good question. But from what I understand it isn't. I guess it would have to be reinstalled after a wipe but I truly doubt it.
    And would not recommend it.
    Its good to hear that rim is on top of this and I hope they get on top of
    A whole bunch of other issues. I'd really like to love my phone a whole
    Lot more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:16 PM
    No you cannot install 4.5 on a 8350i. And this is not a RIM issue. Plazmic needs to release a new CDK in order for themes to be made for the 8350i.
    01-08-09 08:26 PM
    Plazmic themes can be made for 4.6. They just can't be exported for the 83xx yet.
    01-08-09 08:28 PM
    This I'd true but when I talked to one of their tech agents via email. I was told that it could. Maybe if more people sent emails it will speed up the process?

01-08-09 09:47 PM
    yea thats what I heard to. The only major problem i have is the theme issue. other than that everything is working okay. I hope they fix it before my 30 days run out!
    01-09-09 08:12 AM
    Theme Information for the Nextel Blackberry 8350I

First, there are NO themes available for the 8350I. The theme builder on the Plazmic site does not export themes to the 4.6 OS, so in essence no themes can be built for the 8350I until Plasmic updates their theme builder to support the Blackberry 4.6 OS. Plasmic’s latest version of theme builder is 4.6. However, it only exports to Blackberry OS 4.5. So don’t buy any themes online because they will not work, regardless of what the web-site might claim. Hopefully Plazmic will update there theme builder software soon and we all can get some new themes for the 8350I.
    However if I’m wrong someone please correct me.
    01-12-09 10:54 AM
    Theme Information for the Nextel Blackberry 8350I

First, there are NO themes available for the 8350I. The theme builder on the Plazmic site does not export themes to the 4.6 OS, so in essence no themes can be built for the 8350I until Plasmic updates their theme builder to support the Blackberry 4.6 OS. Plasmic�s latest version of theme builder is 4.6. However, it only exports to Blackberry OS 4.5. So don�t buy any themes online because they will not work, regardless of what the web-site might claim. Hopefully Plazmic will update there theme builder software soon and we all can get some new themes for the 8350I.
    However if I�m wrong someone please correct me.
    this is all true. it sux boiled eggs but its true. anyone gotta little insight as to when this might change? the phone is out and should be in retail stores by the 15th so there should be something right?
    01-13-09 01:10 PM
    Confucious say patience is a virtue

01-13-09 11:08 PM
    Theme. Information for the Nextel Blackberry 8350I

First, there are NO themes available for the 8350I. The theme builder on the Plazmic site does not export themes to the 4.6 OS, so in essence no themes can be built for the 8350I until Plasmic updates their theme builder to support the Blackberry 4.6 OS. Plasmic’s latest version of theme builder is 4.6. However, it only exports to Blackberry OS 4.5. So don’t buy any themes online because they will not work, regardless of what the web-site might claim. Hopefully Plazmic will update there theme builder software soon and we all can get some new themes for the 8350I.
    However if I’m wrong someone please correct me.
    You are wrong 4.6 themes can be made just look at all of the ones for the bold. But they cannot be exported for the 83xx running 4.6.
    01-13-09 11:18 PM
    This is the message I just received from Blackberry about the 8350i themes.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Hello and thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support.

In response to your recent email regarding Plazmic Content Developers Kit (CDK) and Theme Builder, I would be more than happy to answer your question.

You are correct in the fact that the current release of the Plazmic CDK does not support the BlackBerry Curve 8350i. This relates specifically to the fact that the resolution (320x240) is native the prior releases of the BlackBerry Curve devices that run on handled software 4.5 and below. Since the BlackBerry Curve 8350i runs on handheld software 4.6.1, it is not able to currently be supported by Plazmic CDK v4.6.

Any subsequent release of the CDK by Plazmic will address this issue I'm sure, along with any other newer BlackBerry devices that we have released.

Unfortunately at this time, any date or timeline for such a public release would only be speculation so I will urge you to keep checking www . Plazmic com for any updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you in the meantime. Good luck in your future BlackBerry development and have a great day!

Sincerely,
    James
    Software Engineer Analyst
    BlackBerry Application Development Support
    Customer Support Operations - Research In Motion
    01-14-09 09:27 AM
    After I asked for more info this is what I got in reply.

Hello again,

To my knowledge I believe that this issue will be solved with a subsequent release of the Plazmic CDK. The Plazmic team is well aware of their target market, and I'm sure that they are aware of the level of interest for theme building for the BlackBerry Curve 8350i. This is not as much a problem is it was an issue with compatibility, as when Plazmic 4.6 was released, operating system 4.6.1 was not. This is a forwards compatibility issue, similar to trying to play a new video game on an old console. Any subsequent release should address this issue.

As mentioned, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i has a resolution of 320x240.

Sincerely,
    James
    01-14-09 09:48 AM
    So I guess we've got a long wait ahead of us huh?

01-14-09 08:09 PM
    From looking around I couldn't find much other than maybe mid to the end of Feb for 4.7. You would think 4.7 cdk update would come out along with 4.6.1 on the handheld since BB owns Plazmic... Go figure...

Anyone know if there is any third party theme software other than Plazmic??
    01-15-09 09:51 PM
    After I asked for more info this is what I got in reply.

Hello again,

To my knowledge I believe that this issue will be solved with a subsequent release of the Plazmic CDK. The Plazmic team is well aware of their target market, and I'm sure that they are aware of the level of interest for theme building for the BlackBerry Curve 8350i. This is not as much a problem is it was an issue with compatibility, as when Plazmic 4.6 was released, operating system 4.6.1 was not. This is a forwards compatibility issue, similar to trying to play a new video game on an old console. Any subsequent release should address this issue.

As mentioned, the BlackBerry Curve 8350i has a resolution of 320x240.

Sincerely,
    James

Thanks for asking the experts on the theme issue. Unfortunatley I already returned my phone and got the bb curve 8330 and im so HAPPY with it!
    01-16-09 08:32 AM
    theyve got til the fouurth
    01-16-09 11:39 PM
    Plazmic

i dont have windows
    05-24-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD