Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Windows 7 64bit and DM 5.01

I installed Desktop Manager 5.01 on my windows 7 64bit laptop, no problem. Went to pair my 8350i and got a message that "the driver for Bluetooth peripheral device is not installed". Windows searched for the drivers and came up empty, both on the computer and online. The phone shows up in Bluetooth devices with the exclamation point. I can connect to the phone and use the computer as a headset or speakerphone or listen to music from the phone through the computer speakers. When I start Desktop manager, I get a message that says to verify that the current Blackberry device is connected to the computer. I cannot go into the program any further. I have bluetooth turned on in the blackberry device manager and it says connected. I'm really at a loss. Any help?
    CrackBerry User

No sorry I only have the 32 bit version, which works perfectly with my BB (both pearl and tour)
    CrackBerry Abuser

The version is 5.0.1.18 and it works with no problems at all with Windows 7 Pro x64. That is my primary computer at work, I am the IT Manager and have absolutely no problems with it. All drivers were installed automatically.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit version and running DM 5.0.1.18 and havent had any problems at all. Have you tried to right click on the DM and click on Troubleshoot Compatability?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Finally connected on bluetooth. Still getting exclamation point in the bluetooth device list. Seems hit or miss now. No problems connecting USB. Maybe an uninstall and reinstall is in order.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM to avoid spam

Hey I'm new to BlackBerry...my OS Setup is Windows 7 Pro x64. I plugged my cable into the computer and it didn't recognize my phone at all. Same port is able to recognize my Palm Pre.

I don't get anything popping up in Device Manager showing there are missing drivers, it is just not recognized.

I connected the phone to a friend's laptop running Windows Vista x32 and had no problem.

Any advice?
    CrackBerry Abuser

You need to be running 5.0.1.18 in order for Windows 7 Pro x64 to recognize it, if you are already then switch your usb plug to another port on the back of computer, has problems connecting through usb hubs.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    280336E2

Default New laptop with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I have a Tour with 5.0.0.419OS and running DM 5.0.1.37 on my old Dell laptop using XP Media Center Edition 2005 SP3 and everything is working well.

I'm planning on buying a new Dell 1764 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit shortly and was wondering if I will have problems installing DM 5.0.1.37.

Any comments would greatly be appreciated.

Pierre
    Pierre