CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question sprint tv

Can anyone give me any info on how to get sprint tv on 8350i.Thanks in advance 4 any help.
    CrackBerry Genius

not gonna happen. first....you have a NEXTEL, not SPRINT phone. second.... the network is too slow to handle all the data being transfered.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Question

thanx 4 the reply.R there any other good tv apps 4 da 8350i
    CrackBerry Genius

the network is way too slow..... it buffers pandora, iheart, and slacker
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

yeah you can't do crap on iDEN for any sort of media streaming. When I had one, iheartradio couldn't get more than half a second even without reverting back to buffering.

how about wifi though?
    CrackBerry Master

Pandora on wifi works great. You can cache slacker to the memory card, not sure about iheart I don't use it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

I never understood why RIM decided to put a 2.5mm jack on it though, requiring you to get an adapter to use it with most anything else. Even it's Curve brothers and sisters have a 3.5mm jack.

Between that, iDEN only for cellular, and numerous thing things... it's like RIM went out of their way on every little thing to make it the red-headed step-child of the family.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have no problem with sprint tv...pandora..nada..i have a 9630 tour.....it works just fine for me..no buffering or none of that other crap dude was talking..handle your bizz and get sprint tv
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ddiddy622 View Post
    i have no problem with sprint tv...pandora..nada..i have a 9630 tour.....it works just fine for me..no buffering or none of that other crap dude was talking..handle your bizz and get sprint tv
    the OP was referring to using it on the 8350i, not the Tour.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    402E1561

Quote Originally Posted by ddiddy622 View Post
    Someone must have a little too much to smoke tonight.
    CHUCK NORRIS makes JACK BAUER beat his own a$$
    CrackBerry User

had the curve with sprint was pretty cool wacthing in the car gave it to my kids and they where abel to watch cartoons ...cant do anything with nextel !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    PIN
    -up girls rock.

Quote Originally Posted by berryhead101 View Post
    ...cant do anything with nextel !!
    yeah not much you can do about that though, it wasn't designed for bandwidth hungry multimedia applications. the iDEN network isn't even at the same level as EDGE on the GSM side, not even close in fact.

instant-radio communications is really all it's good for, the pipe just isn't big enough to push anything more though it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    4033bb1f

yup thats what abandoning a cell carrier will do . when you stop investing any money into upgrading your product or keeping your customers happy with new technologies your competition will take over .
    CrackBerry Genius

sprint did not abandon the iden network. dont forget the iden network was aroung years before 2G... thats when they thought about people streaming to thire phones. the network was never built to have all of todays addons on.

thats like having air conditioning (sprint tv) and a radio (pandora, slacker...) in a model t.