Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Not Receiving Text Messages? Try This!!!!

As some of you may have read, I had not been receiving any text messages since 03-03-09. I could send them just fine, but was not receiving anything. I've spent about four hours on the phone since then with the train wreck that is Tier 1 & 2 of Nextel BB support trying to fix the issue. Everything they tried, said, etc. did not work. I was given the first go to diversion "National Outage" line, but those I work with were receiving texts just fine. They reset, refreshed, refurbished, reinvented, all with no success. My fourth Tier 3 ticket was created to try and solve the problem and I was waiting to hear from them. Yesterday as I am preparing to install the new app, "Using the 8350i as a boat anchor", I log into my Sprint/Nextel account and go under the Multimedia Messaging to view my mailbox messages. Once there, I see at least twenty "Bounced Message. Bytes exceed mailbox limit" messages. My wife had sent me some picture text messages that apparently used all the space up. I deleted all the messages and guess what.....I can now receive text messages. Can you believe something so simple was causing this problem? How come not one of the six people that I spoke with over the last weekend did not see this? Would this not be a basic troubleshooting task? I even heard a supervisor say during one of my calls, 'It has to be with his account' Duh...ya think? I did not know if any of you guys had heard this or not, but if the problem arises check your inbox on the Sprint/Nextel's website. This has solved it for me. The messages are delayed now, but at least I am receiving them. Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions.
    Last edited by lawden; 03-09-2009 at 10:22 AM.
    DO NOT BUY THE 8350i !!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Unreal Lawden, good find. I can't believe how a simple thing like that got overlooked by tech support. That should be #1 on the list for them. Anyway glad your back to texting
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

So where exactly do I click on the sprint site for this? Is this only for the master phone on the account?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks Alex. Tdawg......if you log into your account, one of the options on the home page is to click on Multimedia Messaging. Once there you can navigate around your MMS folders (inbox, outbox, sent, etc.). When I checked the inbox, that is where I found all the "bounced messages". I have a personal account and am listed as the account manager. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. Does anyone know if there is a way to expand the space on the MMS on the website so I don't have to delete my picture messages I cannot open every other day?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

Well, I found the site. I tried to login, but my regular sprint login did not work. So, I went to register just to see a blank screen?

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg2008 View Post
    Well, I found the site. I tried to login, but my regular sprint login did not work. So, I went to register just to see a blank screen?

I am also having issues with this site. I can sign in just fine and all of my info is correct, yet I see no option for multimedia messaging. I have navigated the entire site. I think that would be cool to see what msgs you have or might have missed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I sign into the account using the same user name and password that I use to navigate the rest of the account page. When it takes you to the home page, look to the right hand portion of the page. It is above the Text Messaging window that allows you to send text messages from the website.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks for all the help Law. Unfortunately though, I just don't see that option anywhere. I will keep trying to do something different I guess. I'll keep you updated if things change~
    CrackBerry Master

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:20f8132c

i have yet to get this page to work correctly for me! i might have to request password and username if i forgot it. but i didnt register yet there either. hmm.. they will know if i enter my email addy though!

I'm Far Away from My Crackberry Mobile device But I'm Also handling Some Personal Business. Please remain Focused!
    ~Jlj
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

When I entered my regular sign in info, it says not an mms user. Could it be because my dad has text blocked on his phone and he is the account holder?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN

When I entered my regular sign in info, it says not an mms user. Could it be because my dad has text blocked on his phone and he is the account holder?

No! i just got the same message! So i think you'll have to register first coming right back got into another problem that i am trying to fix! brb!

I'm Far Away from My Crackberry Mobile device But I'm Also handling Some Personal Business. Please remain Focused!
    ~Jlj
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

I could be. I know from speaking with most of the BB Tech people, one of the first things they check when troubleshooting text messaging issues is to ensure that you are a registered MMS user. They have routinely told me that if you are not, that is a possible source of a texting problem.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Before the tier3 is made they must at least ask if you wanted to "clear message databases" that is done inside desktop manager all it is is deleted the cache and messages on your phone it would give you the same effect and resolve the issue if they have not done that for you but have made the tier3 anyway then those tier3 tickets may have been denied, did they ever reach you?
    "Don't worry if your under pressure for - Diamonds are made under pressure"
    CrackBerry Addict

I just got the same msg, and i'm the only one on my account. How could this even be possible? Lol.
    CrackBerry User

Arrow You have to sign @ Sprint/Nextel

When you go to the Sprint/Nextel website you must log in to go to your account page. Once there, in the lower right hand corner is "Multi Messaging"; immediately below that, is a link that says "Open Multimedia". Click that link and it takes you to your "Multi Messaging System" page.

There you can see messages that were too big to receive, set preferences and send/receive messages while your BB is in the shop or not getting a signal or some other reason.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Pillsbury187 View Post
    Before the tier3 is made they must at least ask if you wanted to "clear message databases" that is done inside desktop manager all it is is deleted the cache and messages on your phone it would give you the same effect and resolve the issue if they have not done that for you but have made the tier3 anyway then those tier3 tickets may have been denied, did they ever reach you?
    I was never asked that by any of the BB tech support people. I spoke with a Tier 3 rep today and advised him of my rather simple fix. He said it is a known fix but, and I quote "we don't want to many people finding out about this." HUH?????? When asked why he gave some convoluted answer about other people being able to see private messages of the account holder. I then began asking him about my inability to view any pic mail and he ended up deleting my entire text messaging program on my account and "rebuilt it" from scratch. Guess what....still not able to view pic messages. He said that there is an apparent problem with IDEN users viewing pics from any other carrier than Nextel and a Networking Engineer is going to be assigned the problem. I guess we'll see.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unable to get text messages

I have read back through the posts since last year and it seems like a lot of people have the same problem with not being able to get text messages with 8350i. Does anyone know if the company has fixed the clitch in the system yet? I have tried pretty much all of the ideas people have posted and some of them work briefly but never last. Please help... I love the phone but I am a BIG texter and this is hampering my texting life (ha ha).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

If texting is high on your list of priorities then this phone is NOT for you. If DC was not a necessity for my job I would've dumped the 8350i a long time ago. If you do not DC I would go with another BB for sure. The texting seems to be ongoing issue (as it sounds you are finding out) and I will be surprised if they ever get it to work like a CDMA phone.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN

well i have been fortunate to have had less than 5 text issues since jan.3rd and really cant complain about that. love my phone and she really seems to love me!

~Jlj
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

I'm glad your phone has worked so well for you. I liken mine to the red headed step child that sets the Christmas Tree on fire and spikes grandma's eggnog with exlax.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    PIN
    333C8CC4

I figured it out. I had to register a new account on sprint.com under my phone number. It only shows my phone, I cannot do any account modifications (i.e. upgrade, etc.), but I can view the MMS page. I had texts from 2006 in there! Wow!
    My Phone List :
    Personal: Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE

Work: Verizon Blackberry Z10 or Verizon HTC Droid DNA
    Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb

Phone Graveyard R.I.P :
    Nextel Motorola i930, Blackberry Curve 8350i, Blackberry Storm 2 9550, Motorola Droid, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO 3D
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    30FDA4DF

I just checked my MMS page and it would appear that the texts I miss from people are hiding in here, unread. That's really strange. They don't even get to my phone.
    CrackBerry User

Well, here is today's humor regarding this thread. I have had the 8350i for 3 weeks and spent 7 hours on the phone with Sprint, and Blackberry. I have not received a single text message since getting this phone. I did not see the Messaging link where it was supposed to be, so I went into my account and discovered it had my old e-mail address. I changed the e-mail address to my current account, and backed out, signed back in and found the link and all of the text messages I have not received. I followed the directions here, but could still not receive any of the requested text messages I requested as tests. No messages received. So imagine my surprise today, when I received not one, but two text messages from Sprint thanking me for updating my account settings. None of the 4 test text messages sent after that made it to my phone. So, 8th hour on the phone with Sprint today. I got the Nationwide text message story. Told to call back in 24 hours.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by shooter45 View Post
    Well, here is today's humor regarding this thread...:
    Hey shooter45, welcome to the addiction!

They'll tell you anything to get you off the phone. Keep us posted on your progress, So their text make it to your phone but none of your own?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast