Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Network Error!

All day long I have been getting this message..."Network Error! Please check network setting and signal level". Does anyone know how to fix this error message?
    CrackBerry Genius

when are you getting this message? when you call, receive a call, text message, email??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Casper34 View Post
    when are you getting this message? when you call, receive a call, text message, email??
    I receive all the times, during calls or when the phone is home, and I can only recieve emails through third party app. (gmail).
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

are you on nextel or boost?
    I am on boost.
    CrackBerry Genius

two things...

1) your carrier says your nextel, thats why i asked

2) you should post in the boost thread, or at least let us know that your boosting, that changes alot of things
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

two things...

1) your carrier says your nextel, thats why i asked

2) you should post in the boost thread, or at least let us know that your boosting, that changes alot of things
    I did update it to boost, for some reason it hasn't done it. I will revisit it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by piloso View Post
    I did update it to boost, for some reason it hasn't done it. I will revisit it.
    Does anyone know what could be happening with phone?
    CrackBerry Newbie

No idea I been boostberry for a few weeks no prob til yesterday got a network error!please check network setting and signal level most calls go to vmail. text, email, internet all good, phone and radio not good.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    <--keeps it together

Try a battery pull and a master radio reset.
    CrackBerry Abuser

The Shangmail BIBLE for BOOST users:
    -----------------------------------------------
    If you didn't realize it yet, with the newest 8350i BB Firmware version (.313) you can SEND e-mail attachments using the Shangmail program. I finally have a full working BB on Boost. Also, now I can reply or forward long e-mails... with previous BB firmwares I would get my radio connection reseted and the message would not go through.
    -------
    Here is what you should do to stop the NETWORK ERROR message:
    ---------------------------------------
    Go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Accounts and select "Delete Account"
    -------
    Go to Settings and select "Reset"
    -------
    Do a battery pull, wait 2-5 minutes and reboot BB.
    -------
    Download the Chinese version of Shangmail directly from your phone (OTA) ... posted above, in my previous post (if you don't have it already).
    ------
    Go to Shangmail and select "Register" ... create a new user name and password... Make sure you have selected "CMNET" in the register menu.
    ------
    After you log in, "BIND" your e-mail address to this new account...
    Make sure you did the first step or you will not be able to add the same e-mail address to 2 different Shangmail accounts !!! You will get the "Account exist" error and you would have to log back into previous Shangmail account and then delete from there...
    ------
    If you use a G-MAIL address, you can get all your other e-mails to be forwarded to your BB... Log in from your computer to the G-MAIL account, go to settings and use the POP3 servers to extract e-mails from other accounts...
    You can even get your Yahoo e-mails, if in the Yahoo settings you change your Time Zone to Asia. After you make this change, you will see the POP/Forwarding option activated in the Yahoo settings. From there, get your POP3 server addresses and put them in the G-MAIL Account so you can get the e-mails to your BB.
    -------
    You can also use the "Download" option to get the attachment to your phone from the e-mail received.
    To get the downloaded location of attachments to a convenient folder (on your SD card) go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Configuration go down to Attachment Storage, click BB Menu button and select "Modify"... Go to a folder on your SD Card.
    --------
    To Upload/send attachments with the e-mail, click the BB Menu button and select "Add Attachment" then select the file you want to send.
    Don't select "Attach File" or "Attach Contact" because those options don't work.
    --------
    After months of headaches and research, I managed to get my BB working properly on the Boost Network... Follow this and you won't have any more problems.
    Last edited by peryp9; 12-13-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    A piece of solid material used especially for fastening things together.

Shangmail servers are back up. I was able to log in and it sync'd all my emails to my BB.
    CrackBerry Abuser

DATA POINT FOR ERROR MESSAGE:

For some reason, I never receive this error while I was up in DC area (6+ months) and when I came down to North FL, this became a frequent recurrance. In both areas, I am getting 5 bars of signal. I spent 3 weeks an area of 1-2 bars of signal in DC and did not receive this error message.
    Tmo 9700 (OS6), Google Voice <==Jabber/XMPP===> Asterisk SIP Server, Callcentric
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by gatorback View Post
    DATA POINT FOR ERROR MESSAGE:

For some reason, I never receive this error while I was up in DC area (6+ months) and when I came down to North FL, this became a frequent recurrance. In both areas, I am getting 5 bars of signal. I spent 3 weeks an area of 1-2 bars of signal in DC and did not receive this error message.
    I don't think it's actually a Nextel/Boost "network" error message. Any time I get it more than once I also can't get to shang's website.

I think its the way the application is letting you know it's lost contact with the shang server.

I gave up on it altogether and spent time to get a private Funambol server running. I'm no longer reliant on some company half a world away.