Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:20f8132c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I dropped my bb in toilet! Please help Quick!

last night i found out that my gurly might not turn in to my wifey. she has a kid and his father is locked up in prison but is getting out in a couple months, she lied to me about so many things but i still love her. anyways i was looking for an i miss you pic on my phone to send to her phone via mms while i was taking a crap and stretched to get some toilet paper when kur plunk it went. i was tempted not to dig in to my crap but thought hey this is my only friend right now! so i fished it out and held it not knowing what to do and the screen was getting all foggy and green then i thought i should take out the battery so i did and [yes] without wiping got the blow dryer out and tried to dry as much as i could. i am so torn up right now that i dont know what to do. my girlfriend left me and now this! i want to save my phone but it stinks like crap and urine. what should i do? will Nextel replace it if it has water damage? please help me!
    Last edited by justlovejoy; 04-01-2009 at 03:37 AM.

I'm Far Away from My Crackberry Mobile device But I'm Also handling Some Personal Business. Please remain Focused!
    ~Jlj
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

i read somewhere to put it in a bowl of rice!? is this true? has anyone tried it? there is also another that states to put it in 99% alcohol and it will absorb the wet spots and dry on its own please help me anyone!

I'm Far Away from My Crackberry Mobile device But I'm Also handling Some Personal Business. Please remain Focused!
    ~Jlj
    He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Abuser

Rice should work, I would not use it for at least 1 day.

As for your GF, my advice, let her go. If she lied to you now, she will again in the future. It's not worth it
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ummmm.....JLJ - is this an April Fools joke????
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    PIN
    Send me a PM

I'm sure it was, but wouldnt it suck if he just jinxed himself and now the toliet thing really happens?? haha
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    I'm sure it was, but wouldnt it suck if he just jinxed himself and now the toliet thing really happens?? haha
    april fools.... maybe, but i read that if you open it up, just take the case apart, put all the pieces in a bowl of UNCOOKED rice with a lid on it, for about 24 hours, that is it does work.

and PLUS LOOK AT MY SIG down below
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    DoLoL Is A βeta Blocker

Quote Originally Posted by cookie56 View Post
    Ummmm.....JLJ - is this an April Fools joke????
    Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    JLJ I think these guys might be on to something eh? I think it's a joke too. If not hopefully your having a bowl of rice for the next little while after it dries!
    We must overcome the notion that we must be regular... it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre.
    Blackberry 101: Lecture Series|Memory Optimization|How To Recover A Dead Blackberry|Posting Rules|How to Search Forums
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

If you are serious ??? HMMMM ???? just be sure to clean it off befor you ship it back to sprint . LOL
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    308BE780

This has happened to me before and yes... The rice works! Put it in a bowl of rice... First things first try to clean it as much as you can. Do not use a blow dryer... This is damaging... Alcohol is also damaging.

Put your berry in a sealed container and make sure all components are fully emerged in the uncooked rice. When I did it I put it in I left it for about 2 days and it came out great. Good Luck!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

April fools guys. You got me. Everything except for the dropping my phone in toilet is true. I just wanted to express how I fealt without making it too serious. But I dropped my psp in a target bathroom two years ago and that's where I got the plot to the story from. I wish it were all just a joke but at least I got my phone and this community! But yeah it didn't get far but April Fools! *sniffles* ttyl my job sent me home but I am out trying to see her. Thanks for the support!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me if needed

Well I will bite..

I had a Nextel i1000 Flip back in the day and it fell off my belt clip onto the beach near the ocean shoreline and a small wave passed over it .. I recovered it quickly and like yours it started fogging up badly. I took the battery out shook it like mad.. blew in it .. left it in the sun .. etc.. the display slowly faded away ... then I realized I had just placed this girl's number in my cell the night before that I was trying to get so desperately.. I was so upset .. anyways .. I had to get it replaced and said I lost the phone ..3 months later for giggles I took the dead one out of the cell phone junk box drawer and placed it on the charger and it actually powered up and display worked ! 1st thing I did was grab that girl's # I was so trying to get .. after that I took all the other #s I had lost and re-entered those back into my new phone I replaced it with..

Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you dont, sometimes it is just a sign from above sending you a message...Like one of my employees was missing his Ex-GF and was about to send her a Text message to say Hello when his cell phone froze up on him, he took that as a sign to NOT text her, and was happy he didnt..lol ... relationships can be tough especially when their is an Ex lingering around still and especially when they both have a child in common.. I try to steer away from females with "Ex-BF" problems as they only seem to cause drama. But JLJ good luck to you, and I hope you work things out with your BB and your girl.

The rice trick I never heard of, but ya learn something new everyday here at Crackberry!
    Life is a Beach ...
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me if needed

Guess I clicked SUBMIT REPLY... 3 min too late.. got me.

But hope things work out with your relationship none the less
    Life is a Beach ...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Its amazing how resourceful you all can be! Even when it comes to relationships! And for the record I would have burnt my motherboard cause I can't wait 2 days for anything without at least trying but I am sure this will be a great source of useful blackberry and life skills by tonight!

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Thanks again jetski!

CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

It was starting to sound like a country song . LOL

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by justlovejoy View Post
    i read somewhere to put it in a bowl of rice!? is this true? has anyone tried it? there is also another that states to put it in 99% alcohol and it will absorb the wet spots and dry on its own please help me anyone!
    I have saved many cell phones from a watery grave by using a bag of rice. Get a big bag of dry rice from the store. open the bag at the top and put the cell phone in. If it's a flip phone, leave it flipped open. Take the battery out. Take the battery door off and then bury the phone in the rice. Seal the bag and leave it to dry for a couple days. I lost a Motorola StarTac (old phone) and my former i880 and both were saved with a bag of rice.

But if you have insurance, Nextel will replace a water damaged phone. That's what it's there for.
    CrackBerry User

Better Idea.... Put GF in bowl of rice for 24 hours!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    402E1561

Nice joke JLJ, I think I would have to consider diving in the turd filled toilet for mine though. I have replacement insurance also. I would flush and report it lost LMFAO.

Anywys bro as far as the girl goes, from 7 years of experience, once you catch your girl in a lie like that, you will find out there has been more in the past and if you stay, there will be MANY more in the future. I just got out of a 14 year bit with the mother of my kids because she is a liar on all fronts. Just take it in stride. many other fish in the sea *( I know easier said than done, hopefully I can take my own advice aswell)
    CrackBerry User

.....sorry bout the GF....been there an done that.....hey mon dis is wot i do now......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I dropped my bb in toilet! Please help Quick!-no-w.jpg  
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by cdbb View Post
    .....sorry bout the GF....been there an done that.....hey mon dis is wot i do now......
    I have to second this emotion! Your a happenin dude, with a new BB,(that dosn't smell like poo I might add) Go out there and have some fun!!!!
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,152 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM and Ask

Id send it back to sprint just the way it is. Hey, a crappy phone was made for crappy service! lol..jk
    The second you think you know everything, is the same second you know, or have learned nothing!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    40282BF9

I agree with shank, mine was taking pictures of herself and sending them to an ex. Suspected on several ocassions and confronted her, she always denied it. Well I found the pics in her phone she said they were for herself, I found she had sent them to her own email, she said she wanted to see them better. I then found the forwarded emails going to her ex, would you believe she told me she didn't ever send them to him. I still have them in my email box. Once they xheat or lie, second chances are not for them. You know the saying forgive and forget, well it little know at the end is the word them.
    Good luck with how ever you handle it.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

well to be honest I feel like a sucker for love. [jlj-ironic] i couldnt work today but i asked her to come over and she did! i ****** her til her ***** was too sore to touch and now she has left and is calling me but i feel so freaking confused. she says a whole lotta stuff i will choose not to discuss in details but she swears she wants to be with me now? Thanks crew!

~Jlj
    ~Einstien
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    402E1561

Quote Originally Posted by justlovejoy View Post
    well to be honest I feel like a sucker for love. [jlj-ironic] i couldnt work today but i asked her to come over and she did! i ****** her til her ***** was too sore to touch and now she has left and is calling me but i feel so freaking confused. she says a whole lotta stuff i will choose not to discuss in details but she swears she wants to be with me now? Thanks crew!
    Funny ****.. mines calling me wanting me to come over tonight too. I'm gonna make her *** wait until tomorrow though. Love is a beyyatch.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rmclevy View Post
    Better Idea.... Put GF in bowl of rice for 24 hours!!!!!
    while it is cooking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast