Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation I cant make or receive phone calls on my Boostberry! HELP

Everythings has been working fine on my 8350i (Boostberry) for months, then when I woke up the other morning I couldnt make or receive any calls. Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. When I attempt to dial out nothing happens. after pressing send the phone just goes right back to the call history screen. (not even attempting to place the call) Boost told me this isnt their issue and they cant help since its a bb phn.

PLEASE HELP........Its been 2 days and I need my phone back.
    btw the internet, mms and ptt is are all still working

What to do!?
    Last edited by abenae85; 10-28-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: typo
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,783 Global Posts

Have you tried a battery pull?

Thnx, •Tripster•

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yeah I pulled the battery, and also erased all he apps I have downloaded..........
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Also if it helps ...........in the upper right hand corner, where the signal strength is, it says 'nXTL' instead of 'NXTL' like it does when everything is working normally
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,783 Global Posts

Have you tried resending your service books?

Thnx, •Tripster•

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

No, I dont know what that is or how you do it. Please explain.........
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,783 Global Posts

Before you do this I gotta ask someone a question, I'm not sure if this will mess up the whole boost option? Be right back!

Goto Options, then goto Advance Options, then Goto Host Routing Table, then press your Blackberry Button, then select Register Now! Then pull your battery or press and hold ALT+RIGHT SHIFT+DEL!

Thnx, •Tripster•

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts

"nXTL" (Phone is unavailable)

Solution 1: Wireless is turned off. Go to Manage Connections and see if Mobile Network is checked.

Solution 2: Perform master radio reset. Choose options, security options, general settings, click BB key, master radio reset, click yes to restore setting, for password press 000000. Go back to Manage Connections and turn Mobile Network on.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Now when I try to place a call it says "radio path unavailable" and in the corner its an 'x' where the 'nXTL' was. I cant send msgs or texts now
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Okay I can send texts and use ptt still cant place calls. it went back to 'nXTL'
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by abenae85 View Post
    Okay I can send texts and use ptt still cant place calls. it went back to 'nXTL'
    same thing just happened to my 8350 i have batt pulled, master radio reset, reinstalled service books, registered host route, did u fix yours yet, bc none of these things worked

CrackBerry User

did u fix ur phone?????
    CrackBerry Newbie

yea bc my num was a kali num, there had been fires in that area and all sims connected to that area arent working, so i had to change my num, BULLSH*T

CrackBerry User

i'm having the same problems too. i can call and dc but can't text or web. Im getting th NXtl on the top right hand corner. i already wiped the handeld with bbsak and reloaded os 204 and sb also. to my knowledge is the phone because i used my friends simcard and same problem so i know its not a signal outage.
    8350i on Boost, Model: 8350i (Curve) OS 4.6.1.204 DM 5.0.1
    CrackBerry Newbie

im new to this fourm,and just got my boostberry 8350i. it works great,BUT! the weird thing is that i cant make calls from my contacts,the only way it works is if i dial in the numbers.....i looked around onthe fourms for this type of problem,but didnt see anyone with this type of problem. Sending and recieving texts work,internet works great,recieving calls work,Ptt/Churp works,but making calls from the phone book/contacts dont work,says that the number im trying to reach is incorrect and to check my number and try again. so i manualy dial the same number and it works! anyone know what the problem is?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by D3sOuL View Post
    im new to this fourm,and just got my boostberry 8350i. it works great,BUT! the weird thing is that i cant make calls from my contacts,the only way it works is if i dial in the numbers.....i looked around onthe fourms for this type of problem,but didnt see anyone with this type of problem. Sending and recieving texts work,internet works great,recieving calls work,Ptt/Churp works,but making calls from the phone book/contacts dont work,says that the number im trying to reach is incorrect and to check my number and try again. so i manualy dial the same number and it works! anyone know what the problem is?
    Here's the fix for that..
    -Your phone will not allow you to make a call from saved contacts unles you do this:
    green call button
    menu
    options
    smart dialing...change country code to "unknown"
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    4031E491

Just wondering if reinstalling the service books will do the trick, have any of you got this issue resolved.
    "The seed of revolution is repression"