Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3299e4f6

Quote Originally Posted by peryp9 View Post
    The Shangmail BIBLE for BOOST users:
    -----------------------------------------------
    If you didn't realize it yet, with the newest 8350i BB Firmware version (.313) you can SEND e-mail attachments using the Shangmail program. I finally have a full working BB on Boost. Also, now I can reply or forward long e-mails... with previous BB firmwares I would get my radio connection reseted and the message would not go through.
    -------
    Here is what you should do to stop the NETWORK ERROR message:
    ---------------------------------------
    Go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Accounts and select "Delete Account"
    -------
    Go to Settings and select "Reset"
    -------
    Do a battery pull, wait 2-5 minutes and reboot BB.
    -------
    Download the Chinese version of Shangmail directly from your phone (OTA) ... Here is the link: http://www.shangmail.com/mobile4/Shangmail.jad
    ------
    Go to Shangmail and select "Register" ... create a new user name and password... Make sure you have selected "CMNET" in the register menu.
    ------
    After you log in, "BIND" your e-mail address to this new account...
    Make sure you did the first step or you will not be able to add the same e-mail address to 2 different Shangmail accounts !!! You will get the "Account exist" error and you would have to log back into previous Shangmail account and then delete from there...
    ------
    If you use a G-MAIL address, you can get all your other e-mails to be forwarded to your BB... Log in from your computer to the G-MAIL account, go to settings and use the POP3 servers to extract e-mails from other accounts...
    You can even get your Yahoo e-mails, if in the Yahoo settings you change your Time Zone to Asia. After you make this change, you will see the POP/Forwarding option activated in the Yahoo settings. From there, get your POP3 server addresses and put them in the G-MAIL Account so you can get the e-mails to your BB.
    -------
    You can also use the "Download" option to get the attachment to your phone from the e-mail received.
    To get the downloaded location of attachments to a convenient folder (on your SD card) go to Shangmail/ Settings/ Configuration go down to Attachment Storage, click BB Menu button and select "Modify"... Go to a folder on your SD Card.
    --------
    To Upload/send attachments with the e-mail, click the BB Menu button and select "Add Attachment" then select the file you want to send.
    Don't select "Attach File" or "Attach Contact" because those options don't work.
    --------
    After months of headaches and research, I managed to get my BB working properly on the Boost Network... Follow this and you won't have any more problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    How do i get the newest BB firmware .313 on my BB
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and download from there the Desktop Manager and the latest firmware. Install it on your computer and plug your phone to usb... Read other posts regarding updating firmware for step by step instruction if you think it's difficult...

CrackBerry User

PIN
    3299e4f6

Quote Originally Posted by peryp9 View Post
    Just go to Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and download from there the Desktop Manager and the latest firmware. Install it on your computer and plug your phone to usb... Read other posts regarding updating firmware for step by step instruction if you think it's difficult...

Ok now do i just search firmware or is it that latest device software, cause when i plug it to DM it says no updates are needed at this time
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    3299e4f6

does anyone know if shangmail is down today, i was not receiving messages so i checked my email and there was messages in there, I sent myself a test message and nothing came to my phone, and when i go to retreive email it says 0 messages
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    PIN
    402edd02

My shangmail was tripping out last week. I deleted it and installed other version and now i cant get my local isp email working. Wish i never did it. I got it forwarded to my gmail account but now gmail is loaded with junkmail from local isp email. Thats reason why i made gmail email because old email was bombarded with junk.

any ideas why local isp wont bind??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Other users suggested to use the English version of Shangmail and you would be able to "bind" any e-mails with no problem. The downside is unreliable network...
    If you have a lot of junk, why don't you use the "spam" options?

CrackBerry Newbie

Default Loquito Mike dame una mano Please

I am using boost mobile services with my 8530i old sprint phone. no imei register from boost mobile. I am having problems getting shangmail to work i downloaded what you recomended to but no help i get stuck on the logging page. please help
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    PIN
    402edd02

shangmail just went out on me last week. i tried to delete it and install again but keep getting "network error". im using 5.0 anyone else having this problem??
    i been using gmail app but i loved beign able to write email from homescreen

PLEASE HELP!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

I just downloaded shangmail and everything works fine. I also have gmail app, my reason for getting shangmail was so I could send attachments.
    My question is when I send email via shangmail it send my address as my phone number. I have it binded with my gmail account is there anyway to have my gmail address sent through shangmail rather than my cell number?

CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by locomike View Post
    Ok this is what I did to be able to send email trhu shangmail, I erased version 1.0, and downloaded over the air trhu wap.shangmail.com version 4.5.1 Now I am anble to send and receive natively, also I changed the signature from "powered by Shangmail" everythime i send a message to "Sent from my Blackberry Smart Phone" Pretty cool. thanks guys. Now I have a fully working 8350i exept for pin messages running on the boost network.
    how you have changed the signature from "powered by Shangmail" to "Sent from my Blackberry Smart Phone"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Default Shangmail App troubles

Hello folks,
    On my BB9900 I used to use Shangmail app quite smoothly. I had shangmail account and have it binded to my Gmail account. I used Gmail account as default one. But recently something has gone wrong.
    Especially, I cannot login to my shangmail account. When I'm trying to login, it says "Loggin failed, please try later". It never happened before.
    So, anyone who currently using Shangmail as push mail application, would you please let me know how it works with your devices.
    Unfortunately, I have no chance to use BIS or BES services because in my country it not supported.
    So, your reply is highly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Sent by BlackBerry
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12