Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cool Wmdows Media Player and 9700

With my ex- 8900 as soon as i connected to my USB pop up in my WMP now with the 9700 doesn't show any connection. It used to be so easy.
    Any help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking thanks

those step were great, but i don't why WindowsMP doesn't recognize a BB anymore?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello Casper34
    I tried the first step from your tutorial. but I cant find MEMORY tag in my tab Options
    only Connection options & data folder options
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello Carpers34
    I give you more infm about my device ,BB 9700 bold
    CrackBerry Newbie

Red face

THANX Casper34 for the following:-
    Here is the EASIEST way to put music, video, pictures, files, whatever on your Blackberry (For other file types just navigate to the appropriate folder). Here i am using "Music" as an example.

From your Homescreen hit your

1) Menu Button
    2) Options
    3) Memory

Your Memory Options should read (These settings make it easy to connect to your computer):

Media Card Support ON
    Encryption Mode NONE
    Mass Media Storage ON
    Auto Enable PROMPT

Hit your ESC (Back button, to the RIGHT of your trackball) 3 times. You should now be back at your Homescreen.

4) Connect your BlackBerry to your PC via the USB cable
    5) Look at your BlackBerry, you should now have a screen that pops up asking "Do you want to enable MASS MEDIA..." YES
    6) Now on your computer you should have a window that opens up. If not goto My Computer and look for and open your "BlackBerry."
    7) Double click BlackBerry (The folder)
    8) Double click Music (The Folder)
    9) Minimize that window

10) Now you goto where ever your "music" is
    11) Select your songs
    12) Right click on one of your selected files
    13) COPY
    14) Open the "BlackBerry/Music" window
    15) Right click
    16) Paste

When your all done just unplug your BlackBerry.

Simple??? I thought so.

If you have any questions, just post them here. There are PLENTY of us that can help you.[/QUOTE]

Cheers Casper34! You just saved a marriage and a suicide! Shame about my hair though! So simple you miss the bleedin@ obvious as Basil Fawlty says. Many thanks again big man.
    WONKY59
    Last edited by WONKY59; 07-27-2010 at 10:54 PM. Reason: It looked like my solution, but wasn't.It was Casper34. So OOPS
    CrackBerry Newbie

for some reason everytime i plug my phone to the computer instead of saying "do you want to enable mass media" the alarm just keeps poping up and when i go to my computer the BB folder is not there...help please!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

Try going to options>memory>auto enable mass storage, turn on or to prompt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi hope you can help me I recently recieved my previously converted boostberry 8350i my first issue is I did a battery pull and now im not getting signal this happened when I first got it I had to call boost they got the signal goin do I have to do that again?
    as for this post I do not have the word memory under my options tab am I missing a sb?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Playlists?

I accidently erased my playlists I guess when I cleared my music folder to delete content and add new content.

Now, I can't sync playlists through Windows Media Player.

(I'm using WMP because when I used the blackberry 6.0 software, it was confusing to see what music was on the player and how to delete and reorganize content).

(New owner of Blackberry Curve 8530 -- and brand new Crackberry member )
    CrackBerry Abuser

you can drag and drop music from your pc to your BB, without using itunes or windows media. I don't know what could be easier than that.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ok one problem...i cant find a way to access my blackberry on my mac computer and whenever i put my bb cd in the comp it doesnt work... can you please tell me how to do this with a mac? thx
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default I'm new to downloading music

I used your directions.....but
    I don't have a memory card in my 8530...do have to get one 1st?
    the "encryption mode" in memory was not an option,
    when I pluged BB into laptop I got no promt that asked if I wanted to enable mass media.....so
    now I am lost....
    Thanks !
    CrackBerry Newbie

Do you know a website we should use to download free music from our blackberry browser to our blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I put music on the micro-sd card using your instructions (BB Curve 8330). Used Windows media player to download the music. Seemed to work fine, but when I try to play it, I don't get complete selections & there are interruptions. Any ideas?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Sorry, I'm new to downloading music to my 8530 Blackberry. Can anyone assist me in downloading free music online and transferring the music from my laptop to my blackberry!?! PLEASE HELP!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Having read such an easy to understand set of instructions I thought I wouldn't have any problems transferring some songs from Windows Media. However when I connect my Blackberry to my PC I don't get any screen popping up on my Blackberry and I can't seem to proceed further.
    I have tried using the software that came with the Blackberry with no success so was quite hopeful this would work. On reading through some of the replies I am now wondering if it because I need a media card. A friend of mine doesn't have a media card but still managed to transfer music...can't remember how though!

I am getting a bit confused with what I thought would be a simple process so any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default lost in translation

So, ive downloaded my mp3s ...transferred it ALLLLLL over now my media player displays a message saying " Cannot play media while third party video recording is active" so i still have zero tunes!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Do you have some other app running that would make the software think there is a video device playing? It doesn't sound like an mp3 problem, it sounds like the phone just can't play/record using different programs at the same time.
    CrackBerry Newbie

my music has all been put on this way,the only "problem is that when I click on the music icon in media, and view the albums, they are different to when I click on explore, and go to media card, even though all my music is on the card only. Some albums have to accessed one way, some the other. Also the music accessed through "explore" will not play continuously unless I select "play all", and the icons for each track look fuzzy compared to the ones when using "media/music/albums"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Angry music on my bb but wont play

right got all my tunes on to my bold 9900 but noe its saying its unsurrported but my mp3 tones work and the music works through an app any ideas anyone
    CrackBerry Newbie

On the subject of Roland's quote, which free converter would be best for a mac so I can convert my favourite iTunes songs and put them on my phone. Or can I just put the iTunes songs on my phone with no need to convert them or anything.??????????
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same issue and the problem with mac is that we don't have anything like windows media player to convert or do whatever to get iTunes music onto a blackberry
    CrackBerry Abuser

You just need to convert the files to .mp3 format. I-Tunes may do this with files you download from them, or there are a variety of other downloadable programs available.

Let me google that for you
    CrackBerry Newbie

This is good
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123