Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Camera

Is there a way to turn off the shutter sound when using the camera?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    K Floyd

Not as in a built in option. I believe there is a app for that.
    {+_+} Droid... 2.1/Rooted

If you can't "Contribute" to a thread, Don't Post!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    PIN
    E CONES

You can buy a 3rd party app but as a safety feature, the shutter can't be turned off. Even whwn the phone is in silent or vibrate still makes that sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

So, if I'm a cop, and I want to take a picture of a bad guy, it's a safety feature for me that my camera will make noise even though I've turned it off?

Got it!

(Hey: if that's their excuse for rings (but not alerts) muting when a headset is coupled, they're stuck with it; it wasn't *my* idea... :-)
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Baylink View Post
    So, if I'm a cop, and I want to take a picture of a bad guy, it's a safety feature for me that my camera will make noise even though I've turned it off?

Got it!

(Hey: if that's their excuse for rings (but not alerts) muting when a headset is coupled, they're stuck with it; it wasn't *my* idea... :-)
    there are a lot more people out there than cops. you know that. hope you understand that they just dont want joe in a bar taking picts of women.... ya following me?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask for PIN if you want to contact me.

Besides... (Granted... This is just a thought.) I myself have a problem with people taking photos of me in a "indirect way." If a person wants to take a photo, just ask. Not sneak around to do it, and there are some places as well that don't allow photos to be taken for security reasons.

Like for example... A major company with a government contract. Any type of photo taken of an undeveloped product would be considered a security risk. For that photo could be sent to a another company to see if they can copy the product that is being made.
    My BlackBerry 8350I name is HAL.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask for PIN if you want to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper34 View Post
    there are a lot more people out there than cops. you know that. hope you understand that they just dont want joe in a bar taking picts of women.... ya following me?
    I agree...
    My BlackBerry 8350I name is HAL.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Anybody happen to know that app that would silence it?
    I'm not a cop taking pics of bad guys, or trying to smuggle pics of jobs, or sneak pics of girls at the bar (even though its usually loud enough you wouldn't need it for that anyhow I would think) but this is just the first phone I've had where I couldn't turn the shutter sound off and I do find it kinda annoying. I guess how annoying would be determined by how much the app costs lol. But I did a search in app world (not that familiar with apps yet all I have is a weather app) but the search didn't seem to bring it up.

CrackBerry Genius

every single one of my nextels i could not turn off the shutter sound.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Ahh, the only other nextel I had was an old work phone that didn't have camera. Sprint side and att I was always able to turn it off with 4 or 5 different phones. Its not that bad like I said just kinda annoying when not used to it. I even have my regular normal digital camera set to no sound when I take pics.

CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Casper34 View Post
    every single one of my nextels i could not turn off the shutter sound.
    I could turn it off on my old i580.
    CrackBerry Abuser

any nextel camera phone(motorola) could have the camera sound disabled with a simple codeplug mod. i've done hundreds of them.
    CrackBerry Addict

Do a search for BerryAnnoying...I believe that's what the app is called.

CrackBerry Abuser

CrackBerry Abuser

our tax dollars hard at work.
    CrackBerry User

What about changing the shutter sound to something else? I had an old sprint phone that I used a 1sec sound clip of nothing to turn it 'off'. I don't see an option for that either.