Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Busy in data

My friends keep teling me they can DC to me since they get the "busy in data" error. Does these mean that everytime im using BBM or the browser my cellphone is worthless?
    CrackBerry Genius

kinda. the iden network can only handle 1 commutation at a time.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    402E39A7

Could also mean your getting push content, e-mail or anything.
    Mikey P.
    Worcester,MA
    402E39A7 ~ 180*71*51334
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask for PIN if you want to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by hlopezb View Post
    My friends keep teling me they can DC to me since they get the "busy in data" error. Does these mean that everytime im using BBM or the browser my cellphone is worthless?
    I agree with what Casper said the IDEN network can only do one thing at a time. So if you are on the web or even an a call and someone DC's you. Then they will get that message. It happens to me as well sometimes when I try to reach some one. And once I do get in touch with them. They would say... "sorry, I was on the web." Or doing whatever it was that prevented the DC to go thru.
    My BlackBerry 8350I name is HAL.
    CrackBerry Addict

This is not new news though...with any older Nextel model phone, if someone was on a call or browsing the web to buy a game or ringtone, the DC would never go through. Iv'e been yelled at quite a bit for this in past years, lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

These isn't new news because you rarely used data with the older phones, but with the blackberry things are completely different. If you use your mail and bbm heavily this will start to interfere with your voice connections.
    CrackBerry Abuser

well when u make a call it happens only because i been getting inturupted while on the web lol
    CrackBerry User

i'm 'busy in data' even when the phone is simply sitting on the night stand with no message in sight. It's really annoying.
    CrackBerry Master

what apps are you running? anything that updates is using data. twiter, facebook, weather apps to name a few
    CrackBerry Addict

bb 101 had class about that you should close all apps you werent using . hold alt and press back button to show you whats running and close them so you dont have that problem
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    4033bb1f

Just like old dial up. Slow speeds n no phone calls when online or nething retrieving info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

with all my messengers turned off and everything else I can think of off the 'in/out' arrows in the top right are still dancing away and it is still busy in data. Why doesn't the phone take priority over data anyway? or why isn't that an option? it's been this way for weeks and Sprint/Nextel support is too dumb to figure it out. Any suggestions from the only people I trust have decent advice?
    CrackBerry User

did a battery pull, and do them often. last night I pulled it and let it set for 20 mins. put the phone back together and tried to DC myself with my wifes phone. Busy. thanks beach for the suggestion!

Sprint/Nextel's testing on their over the phone 'fixes' are hillarious. The guy wanted me to DC myself, because if it said busy he had fixed the problem....wait...what? then he said that the problem may be that everyone that couldn't reach me had the wrong number programed in and that I should type it in manually instead calling from the contact list.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    <--keeps it together

After a battery pull you still get the arrows going? You might want to think about doing a wipe and reload using either jlcmder or BBSAK.
    CrackBerry User

jlcmder and BBSAK?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    PIN
    4034EB8B

Master Radio Reset followed by beach's suggestion of pulling the battery while the phone is on is what I'd try next. How's the coverage, is the phone struggling to maintain contact with the tower? If these didnt work beach what about a reset to factory before a wipe and reload?
    CrackBerry User

service is good. it's not just when i'm sitting at home, it's in the office, on the road, everywhere and all the time.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    <--keeps it together

See my sig for jlcmder. BBSAK is another way of wiping and reloading the OS.
    reset to factory may help but it is either a bad os load or a bad antenna.
    CrackBerry User

I went to a Sprint store and had a girly push buttons for me then i went home, backed everything up and did a wipe. working for the time being.

Best part is the girl helping me was easy on the eyes so I gave her card to my buddy so he could break his phone and get service and a date.

thanks for the help guys
    CrackBerry User

I'm in Michigan, it's a Sprint store in a town of Kalamazoo. If that's your hood I'll get more specific, or if you happy to be that girl or her husband i will not state that I am full of lies and I was not oogling her cans.

on a more serious note service is back to being busy in data.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,151 Global Posts
    PIN
    <--keeps it together

Kzoo is just a little farther than I want to go for a hottie. I am sure we have plenty around Detroit.

What apps do you have loaded on your BB?
    CrackBerry User

facebook, aim, google talk, google maps, weatherbug, thn hockey news (go wings!) shazam, crackberry, movies, tfln, mlia.

I noticed that the percentage that the phone allows in calls increases if I make sure to close out google maps and not share location upon exit (duh) but as for everything else i always close THN, don't run most of the IM's in the background and turned off pushed updates from THN.
    CrackBerry User

also i'm still on 313. I tryed to take a backwards step but it didn't load properly and I had to reinstall 313
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast