Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default boostberry issue uncaught exception: index 18 >= 18

I'm running a nextel 8350i version 4.6.1.313 (459) on boost using the workaround posted on this forum and other places (combined3.ipd service books, etc) and have had the same setup for about 6mos with no problems. last night after getting red Xs next to outgoing MMS messages, I did a battery pull. upon startup, I got this error message

Uncaught Exception:
    Index 18 >= 18

I am currently unable to send/receive MMS messages and there is no MMS option under my message folder or MMS option after bringing up the BB menu when viewing a contact. I have done approx 10 batt pulls, reinstalled the service books, hooked the phone up to desktop manager and checked for updates, with no change. every time the phone is rebooted I still get the same error message. phone calls still work fine, as well ubertwitter and the gmail app. I have instango on the phone as well, along with the ESPN app, opera mini, accel golf scorecard, and quickpull, although none of the above apps have been used in days.

am I going to have to wipe this thing and start over?
    any help is greatly appreciated
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default bumping

in the hope someone can help :-(
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slobson View Post
    in the hope someone can help :-(
    Several months ago I had the same thing happen with my text messaging.. Support sent me an email on repairing text. If you send me an email I will forward it to you.
    (Removed) please include your user name and reason for email so I know who you are

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by crump84; 03-14-2011 at 06:38 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

It's sent..hope that helps. Good luck!

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

I got the email and went through the steps, but no luck so far. however, despite following the directions I didn't have 19 service books on the phone after uploading the v4 books as described, so I'm not sure if that is the problem. . hopefully some fiddling will solve the problem. thank you for the help, I'll post with the solution as soon as I find it
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,388 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slobson View Post
    I got the email and went through the steps, but no luck so far. however, despite following the directions I didn't have 19 service books on the phone after uploading the v4 books as described, so I'm not sure if that is the problem. . hopefully some fiddling will solve the problem. thank you for the help, I'll post with the solution as soon as I find it
    Sorry that wasn't the answer you were looking for..best of luck

CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Thumbs up well

it was as I feared, the only thing I found to be effective was to wipe the handset and start over. the good news is that the device itself seems to be just fine and it was only a software issue
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Possible Fix

I have found that.. not always, but VERY OFTEN... this is caused by Yahoo Messenger or one of the other IM Apps (Windows, ICQ, etc) It can be fixed by simply deleting the offending IM App and restarting. Of course then you have to live without your IM. But with personally I'm fine with SMS, MMS, email, and NOT having to deal with this anymore!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: boostberry issue uncaught exception: index 18 >= 18

srikanthhyperion2010@gmail.com( please help me), uncaught exception index 18>=18