Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By finfin
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    40265DE5
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default "Add this PIN to you Wireless Access Point"?

How do I "Add this PIN to you Wireless Access Point"? I know my password to my router but whaty does this mean?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by chasemjones View Post
    How do I "Add this PIN to you Wireless Access Point"? I know my password to my router but whaty does this mean?
    Thats new Wireless Access Point protocol that you find on the newer wireless modems and routers. If you had it, all you would have to do is enter the BB generated PIN to your wireless network for instant synchronization. If you don't have it, just bypass it and set up your config. manually.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

I have the PIN now where exactly do I type it. I am new at all of this so please give me step by step directions. Where to start? What to pull up? then where to type it. Thanks so much for your time.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I found this on another message board, had to laugh after I read it...

"when it asks you to do the WPS setup. it will then ask you for the password for the network and you will be connected. lol it was that simple."
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E061A7

I have this problem. i can access D-link online but i don't know where to add this pin. I have tried to do this manually but it says it cannot connect to the wireless box even if i enter the correct name and password??
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    27E061A7

Just founf this out for anyone looking... go online to wireless router setting, wireless setup and go to manualy add, "add wireless device with WPS" enter the pin the blackberry gives you and when it comes up add the new profile. Job done!!
    Last edited by finfin; 07-17-2010 at 04:31 AM.
    Thanked by:
    jnifer2000 (02-11-2012) 
    jnifer2000 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you know ure ssid and password enter it manually on your blackberry worked for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kp9322 View Post
    Thats new Wireless Access Point protocol that you find on the newer wireless modems and routers. If you had it, all you would have to do is enter the BB generated PIN to your wireless network for instant synchronization. If you don't have it, just bypass it and set up your config. manually.
    hi, where exacty should i type the generated PIN? i tried using it instead of the pin i made for the router but it won't connect.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by finfin View Post
    Just founf this out for anyone looking... go online to wireless router setting, wireless setup and go to manualy add, "add wireless device with WPS" enter the pin the blackberry gives you and when it comes up add the new profile. Job done!!
    Awesome.. Thank you..
    CrackBerry Newbie

i just got this phone an when i try to connect to a hotspot it says...this is a wifi service.please ensure your devise has a active wifi connection and try again.my phone has the wi fi on
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default i still dont get it

LOOOOK basicallly it says that you have to put A PIN from ur black beryy into ur wireless router, and my wireless router is a talk talk box so how on earth am i supposed to put a pin my blackberry gave me into my wireless router. My wireless router is a box with no numbers or anythiiing!Please help I dont get it, wthout wifi you cannot do anything, not bbm or anything plzzzzzz help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Yes, thank you but my device is still not visible when I go to "view network computers and devices" even though online it says that my device is connected. Any ideas?