What is the latest OS 6 version for Curve 3G
Hi, im kind if looking into my old stuff and I found my old BlackBerry 9300. I guess I wanted to give it a new life and load the latest OS on it, so can you help me out with these questions:
1) im loading via BBSAK, is it true that is safe to load an OS even if its for a different Carrier? Like I'm gonna use a Rogers OS Even if I'm using the phone in Asia? Cause I read that the are no difference if I do, is it true?
2) what is the latest OS version for BlackBerry OS 6?
3) If number 1 is true, what is the carrier that gives out the LATEST OS version? Is it Rogers? Because its in Canada?
4) so I need the bb desktop manager or not when using bbsak? I dont need to back up my phone by the way
Many thanks guys
Sent from my GT-N7105 using CB Forums mobile app
- 11-23-13, 01:22 PM #2
- 11-23-13, 01:23 PM #3
1. You can load any carrier's OS, yes. However...make sure you get a 9300-specific OS (and not, say, a 9780 build.) Also, if you want a build with Asian language support, make sure you get an AllLang release.
2. Probably 184.108.40.2066, posted as a sticky here. There is a lower number AllLang build posted there as well.
3. There's no hard and fast predictor. In my opinion, non-North American carriers release newer builds more frequently. But this is just an opinion.