- CrackBerry Abuser
- 204 Posts
water damged 9300 (still working fine)- safe to charge?
Bought a cheap used 9300 from a friend. The phone has been previously been water damaged, but he told me he has been using it for months in the current condition without a problem. I have had it for a few days and cannot see a problem with it, except I can feel there is some water inside the earpiece.
All I want to know is, is it safe to charge the phone? I mean what if it blows up or something? lol
- 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM #2
Water inside the phone combined with electricity supplied from the battery will eventually destroy the phone. You can try to dry it by sealing it (without a battery installed) in a bag or bowl of dry rice for a few days. However, if it's been used for months since getting wet, it's possible the remaining water you detect is in a harmless location. I'd try to dry it regardless.