Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. bella8's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Water damaged CURVE 9300 now JMV error 545

    Here's the story: yesterday i dropped my blackberry curve 9300 in the toilet. i picked it up within seconds and quickly took out the battery and dried it off. i got a container of rice asap and let it sit for over 24 hours. today, i tried it out. i turned it on, and it shut right back down. i tried it again and it worked, but was a little slower than usual. after checking my messages and whatnot for about 30 seconds, it shut down. now, whenever i try to turn it back on i get a white screen and JMV error 545 reset. im really not tech-savvy.. if anyone could help in detail i'd really appreciate it thanks a ton in advance!
  2. Fubaz's Avatar
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

    Posts
    7,219 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    Read through this
    KB12077-"JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

    Seems you need a OS reload, instructions are within the URL abovee

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  3. bella8's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    it didn't help atall. when i connect it to my laptop my blackberry desktop manager cant connect cause "my battery is dead or my phone is rebooting"
  4. harishnayak's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    I had the same scenario with my BB wherein it fell in the toilet however i removed it within seconds and kept it in the rice bowl for 4 days. After 4 days i got the JVM error 517 and upon checking with the BB authorised service center they suggested me a OS reload.

    They warned me that there were 20% chances of the phone going Kaput while the reload happens and 80% recovery..i took the chance and voila it worked for me.

    You might wanna try the same. I'm from India
  5. neon98's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #5  

    Default

    if your phone is still toast, would you be interested in selling it? i need a replacement lcd for a 9300.
  6. Bajanbastard's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,319 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    If u know how you can totally disassemble the phone and heat the phone board with a blow dryer for roughly 2-4 minutes. Then reload the OS

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  7. SebasCvdB's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    307 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    PIN
    22E5335F
    #7  

    Default

    By now if he did not do anything to dry his phone it is better to toss it but you could try connecting the phone Without the battery and see if it makes a difference.
    Blackberry Addict! Currently own: Curve 3G 9300
  8. aisha lakisha jones's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #8  

    Default blackberry

    the same has happened to me and i dont know what to do!?!?! its so annoying arrrrggghhhh !!!
  9. Jabula Ngobese's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    1 Posts
    #9  

    Default Blackberry Curve 9300 fell in water

    My bb curve 9300 fell in water.

    Heres what i did: i took the battery out and used the back end of a blow dryer (coz it sucks air in) for about 20 minutes and its working again.
  10. durayne's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    have the same problem but its not picking up on my desktop manager
  11. durayne's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    and its giving the jvm 545 again what do i do where do i download the os from

Posting Permissions