Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Water damaged CURVE 9300 now JMV error 545

Here's the story: yesterday i dropped my blackberry curve 9300 in the toilet. i picked it up within seconds and quickly took out the battery and dried it off. i got a container of rice asap and let it sit for over 24 hours. today, i tried it out. i turned it on, and it shut right back down. i tried it again and it worked, but was a little slower than usual. after checking my messages and whatnot for about 30 seconds, it shut down. now, whenever i try to turn it back on i get a white screen and JMV error 545 reset. im really not tech-savvy.. if anyone could help in detail i'd really appreciate it thanks a ton in advance!
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts

Read through this
    KB12077-"JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Seems you need a OS reload, instructions are within the URL abovee

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

it didn't help atall. when i connect it to my laptop my blackberry desktop manager cant connect cause "my battery is dead or my phone is rebooting"
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the same scenario with my BB wherein it fell in the toilet however i removed it within seconds and kept it in the rice bowl for 4 days. After 4 days i got the JVM error 517 and upon checking with the BB authorised service center they suggested me a OS reload.

They warned me that there were 20% chances of the phone going Kaput while the reload happens and 80% recovery..i took the chance and voila it worked for me.

You might wanna try the same. I'm from India
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

if your phone is still toast, would you be interested in selling it? i need a replacement lcd for a 9300.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

If u know how you can totally disassemble the phone and heat the phone board with a blow dryer for roughly 2-4 minutes. Then reload the OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    PIN
    22E5335F

By now if he did not do anything to dry his phone it is better to toss it but you could try connecting the phone Without the battery and see if it makes a difference.
    Blackberry Addict! Currently own: Curve 3G 9300
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry

the same has happened to me and i dont know what to do!?!?! its so annoying arrrrggghhhh !!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blackberry Curve 9300 fell in water

My bb curve 9300 fell in water.

Heres what i did: i took the battery out and used the back end of a blow dryer (coz it sucks air in) for about 20 minutes and its working again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

have the same problem but its not picking up on my desktop manager
    CrackBerry Newbie

and its giving the jvm 545 again what do i do where do i download the os from