Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems

Hi there

I'm new to BB's so forgive me if this is a novice or heavily covered question.
    I'm used to installing os's on compooters but this is a first time on a mobile device.

I'm having few issue's despite ( I thought ) thoroughly following the instructions.
    I downloaded and ran the file called 9300M_PBr6.0.0_rel3106_PL6.6.0.248_A6.0.0.723_Pele phone

Found and deleted the both the VENDOR file's .. But I keep getting stuck.
    The phone is a curve 9300 ( 3g ) I have security wiped it and unlocked it ( mep code )
    I really would like the new OS on-board.

I keep getting as far as this screen and I either haven't read properly or I'm doing something wrong.
    I can click it ADD... and it wants a file ? which I can't locate.

“The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer” appears when an attempt is made to update BlackBerry Device Software

I should add that it is a T-Mobile 9300 and I'm using windows 7, I tried taking off all BB software including Desktop Manager..
    Shut-down RE-started .. then installed the ... A6.0.0.6 68 version ...
    Deleted the Vendor, file ..emptied the trash can.

Still the same screen....it's very frustrating.

I have just discovered it has No GPS settings anywhere in the menu's and no Maps features of any kind ( I'm not sure if this is relevant )

The installed O.S. reads.

Vendor ID : 123
    Platform: 6.3.0.23
    App Version: 5.0.0.794 (1345)

I'm guessing the hobbled maps is part of the T-mobile build. but I'm unsure if that would make it un-up-gradable.
    I would attempt to wipe the Whole O.S. off altogether but I'm afraid of ending up with an unusable brick..

I also have tried using the DM to update ....It detects and recognizes the phone ( 9300 )
    I click DEVICE .. and UPDATE ...etc..

It tells me their are no updates ...but this is a lie as we all know
    I click view other versions and of course it won't let me go beyond that...

I don't know if this is relevant, but I have two computers .. one's a laptop .. the other a base machine.
    On both machines the outcomes exactly the same

So here's an interesting Twist..

I installed a small app .. Trying to enable the GPS ..It hasn't appeared in the App icons ..
    However, On re-trying the OS 6 update .. it saw the App and tried to do an upgrade on just that (not the whole O.S.)

.. I'm not sure if this is any indicator of whats going on..
    I was surprised to get the above screen regarding the GPS .. As with every other attempt, I got stuck at ......
    “The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer”...

Not sure if anyone knows of a similarly difficult to update handsets.
    ( and how to solve it )..

Again many thanks for the help - advise - pointers ..
    Cheers.

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-1-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-2-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-3-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-4-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-5-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-6-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-9-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-10-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-11-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-12-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-13-.jpg

Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems-screen-14-.jpg
    Last edited by jpmountford; 12-21-2012 at 03:34 AM.

Global Posts
    35,457 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Ran that ...

Nothing doing !!
    I did manually delete BOTH vendor files before getting started..

Exactly the same result ....
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Trying to upgrade a 9300 ( 3g ) to os 6 .. and having real problems

When Blackberry Desktop is opened try it with AppLoader which is in the same folder with Vendor.xml

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    35,457 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Had the same issue a few days ago with the gf's 9810. You can't open Desktop and loader.exe at the same time, but.....
    Interestingly enough, loader.exe did see the upgrade (she's on BES, so loader isn't an option), it took several uninstalls of all BlackBerry programs, using Ccleaner in between, to get Desktop to find the upgrade. Not sure what the heck was going on. However, the OP is having the same issue on both loader and Desktop.

Perhaps while thinking they have installed a newer OS on the PC, it's actually the same one currently running on the phone.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Cheers for that ...
    I downloaded and Ran Ccleaner ..
    It made no difference .. but I have yet to try uninstalling all things BB ..and running the Ccleaner.

That result after .. running CC was the exact same screen as before .. It does the GPS thing and thas it.

But I'll keep trying !! it all seems a lilt random to keep trying .. adding in and taking out bits of software.
    Is there anyway to upgrade form the memory card .. ( as if you had no compooter? )