Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post Transfering Word Files From Computer to BlackBerry Curve 9300 Without an Internet Connection

Hi! I'm kind of new to the whole blackberry system so I really don't know what I'm doing.

I have a blackberry curve 9300 for travel use only and I haven't activated it yet (it's unlocked and sitting on my desk collecting dust). I'll be staying in South Africa for 4 months this summer and I'd like to keep in contact with my family and friends from Canada. However, I really suck at texting and typing things on tiny phone keyboards, so I was wondering if there is some way for me to type emails on my laptop, transfer them to my phone, then send them off. I will not have wifi there, but there is 3G that I can access. I don't care about pdf files or graphs or anything, I just want to send big blocks of text out to my parents because they're nervous enough as it is letting me go.

Can it be done without internet? My usual tactic is to copy paste into emails to transfer notes from my phone to my laptop and vice versa, but I've never tried it without wifi connection.

Thank you so much!
    Alix
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Bump please?
    CrackBerry Newbie

With a USB cable connection you should be able to drag and drop files from your PC to your BB. From there you can send them attached to emails, or cut and paste the text into an email.