CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Transfer Auto Text entries from another BB

I just upgraded my boss' BB8320 to BB9300 but his AutoText entries did not transfer. We tried several ways of backing up and restoring them but have had no success. TMobile's response was "you did everything we would suggest so SORRY".

We backed up the old device. Did a Selective Restore and selected only the AutoText and Profiles without success. Reloaded all application software then did a full restore without success.

Any suggestions?!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts

I guess you've tried everything I would have suggested. Not sure what happened, though. I have some AutoText entries I first put on my 8300 back in 2007. They've made it through an upgrade to an 8310, an 8900, and now to a 9300. So I'm not sure what happened that it didn't transfer that over.
    Lovin' my BB since Dec '07
    8300 -> 8310 -> 8900 -> 9300 -> 9700 -> 9900
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,128 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FBCE4E

Really? That's weird. I moved from an 8330 to a 9630 to a 9650 to a 9550 to a 9330 and all my Auto Text entries came with it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

"Try, try and try again" and it works. We did a security wipe on the handheld, removed the user from our BES, backed up the old bb then did a full restore to the new bb, then reactivated the new Blackberry on BES. Happy Friday!