Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dbvoices
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Syncing multiple google calendars without Google Sync

hey all,
    as i'm sure a lot of you are aware, google decided to pull the plug on sync, and mine has stopped working a few weeks ago. it was ok until i realised it'd be so much easier to manage everything if i had separate calendars for separate things, and my new personal organisation techniques are going great so far - apart from the fact that most of the stuff won't show up on my blackberry calendar. i am syncing through the OS now, but it seems to only pick up the default calendar and not the rest. when i go into the options, it gives me one calendar per email that i've configured on my phone, but no multiple options for my google accounts.
    is it possible at all to sync multiple google calendars from within the same account? the only solution i can think of so far is to create a new email and completely separate calendar for each thing, but it's really a messy workaround.

(bonus points if you can make this apply to the playbook as well! i long for the day where all my devices have perfectly synched calendars...)

thanks!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

I have this same problem as well, your not alone.
    Without Google Sync everything stopped working on my 9900 however on my Playbook I do have all of my calendar but it think this is because I set it up before Google made the change, so I'm safe on that. Though I carry my 9900 everywhere and not my Playbook and need my calendars.
    The only solution I have heard is also to create separate email for each but I agree that is a messy workaround.
    Even if any one knows of a different company that would allow multiple calendars on all devices out there it would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I sync my Outlook calendar with my BlackBerry Torch, which bridges with my Playbook. Then I sync Oultook with Google using gSyncit. May be worth looking into. I'm pretty sure gSyncit supports multiple Google calendars.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

cheers - i don't have outlook but i guess i could give it a go. hopefully that won't mess with the fact that i'm also syncing with a macbook (which has no problems at all with importing multiple google calendars... it was so beautiful to have all my stuff on a bb phone, a windows pc and a macbook ... for the couple weeks that it lasted before google sync left us in the mess!).
    sidekickkdx, so you have google -> outlook -> blackberry? if gsyncit supports multiple google cals (which seems like it from a quick search) does that mean that they appear separately on the bb as well (i'm mostly interested in them being different colours)? thanks!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,115 Global Posts

I'm pissed at this too. Having all my calendars go MIA now sucks. The PlayBook and BB10 you can use CalDAV to set up all of them but it's still annoying. I'll make sure to get it done and post up a tutorial for BB10 though. It's one of the features I won't live without.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

to those who use outlook - what version of it works? and how do i set up outlook sync on my BB 9300? i can't believe how many steps there are ... really hope this works!! (and works both ways, as well - being able to input only in one device would be a start but still annoying) i am about to try gcalsync on my phone but i'm not too optimistic...

ETA: gcalsync works only for the default google calendar, doesn't see the others

ETA part 2: i created a hotmail account and subscribed to each of my google calendars. then i connected the hotmail account to outlook 2010, and my calendars are (horribly) displayed within the program etc. i synced outlook with my bb through the desktop software and now i have all 4 calendars' data on my phone (not colour coded or divided by calendar, but it's better than nothing) - however, it seems like the phone and outlook won't sync unless i physically connect the phone to my pc, which i never do. anyone got a tip on how to make them sync wirelessly/automatically?? that'd finally be the end of this issue!
    Last edited by biluinaim; 01-23-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi All! Here is my (at least temporary) solution for viewing all of my Google calendars associated with the same account. I no longer use the BlackBerry calendar. I went to Google Calendar on the BB Browser (google.com/calendar) and logged in to my account. The Google Calendar mobile site is really very good. It allows you to view any or all of the calendars associated with your account in the colors you have chosen for them. You can go between Day or Month view, and you can easily add a new event to whichever calendar you choose, and it looks great on my Torch 9850.

Now, just click the BlackBerry Menu button and select "Add to Home Screen". That's it. Now you have a quick way to access all of your calendars! It may not be ideal, but it works and it is always synced. So, until there is a worthwhile update to the calendar app, this is my remedy.

Hope this helps some of you!
    Thanked by:
    Neil9800 (06-11-2013) 
    Neil9800 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

How do you get the Month view? Thanks.