- CrackBerry User
- 10 Posts
Remove Cover (Blakcberry 9300 / 3g / Curve)
I recently got my blackberry wet - after various drying attempts everything seems to be working except the two volume buttons. I'm thinking there's some gunk/corrosion so they're not making good electrical contact. So I want to take the cover off and have a look.
I'm using the guide at BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300 repair guide however I'm stuck on the second picture where it says "Now pry the bezel, at the bottom of the phone, away (pull down from the top edge) to reveal two more screws, circled below in red.
I can't seem to get the bezel of to expose the screws, no matter what I try. I can create a tiny gap which I can just get my nails in, but after that I can't seem to get it too slide away or pull away - I'm worried about snapping the plastic. Any suggestions?
- 09-04-2013, 03:38 PM #2
Yes you CAN break the device doing this, it's also pretty easy to damage the ribbon cable connections inside the device. They sell a prying tool to open the device, plus some folks use a credit card.
- By Nauwiesbande in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 21Last Post: 02-14-2014, 07:13 AM
- By notyettoday in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 3Last Post: 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM
- By fixpix in forum BlackBerry Curve 9370/9360/9350Replies: 6Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:08 PM
- By Th3TechGirl in forum BlackBerry Curve 85xxReplies: 1Last Post: 09-04-2013, 08:34 AM
- By SamCramphorn in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 1Last Post: 09-02-2013, 12:09 PM