Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default problem with BB touchpad - is this normal?

I have a new BB Curve 9330 and I'm having trouble with the touchpad. It behaves inconsistently; what seems like the same touch to me sometimes results in no movement, and other times it moves farther than I wanted. It's not too bad in most screens & apps because there are only certain locations where the cursor can be. But in Opera Mini or BB browser, where the pointer goes everywhere, it can be pretty hard to point at what I want. Sometimes the mouse goes way farther than I intended, at a slight angle, so then I'm starting over trying to get it to that little checkbox or whatever. Sometimes it scrolls the screen unintentionally. Sometimes movements are delayed, which I don't notice outside the browsers.

I was accustomed to the trackball on my Pearl 8130, which was really old and a bit flaky even when cleaned, but this seems worse. Is this normal, or does it sound like a malfunction? Does it get better with practice? I tried adjusting the sensitivity, but since the problem is in both extremes, I'm not sure how to fix it.

Thanks for any tips.
    Last edited by Kiwi the Geek; 09-08-2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: add more info

Global Posts
    33,479 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

It's not normal. Was the device exposed to moisture or a drop? Also look in the Options for trackpad settings
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Thanks for your reply. No moisture or any other damage, it's brand new. I've tried adjusting trackpad sensitivity, but since it's sometimes too much and sometimes not enough, I don't know which way would help.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

For anybody else who finds this in the future:
    I've determined the trackpad is easier to control if I put my whole thumb on it, not just the tip. It's not too bad except in Opera Mini, and I've found others complaining of trackpad sensitivity only in that app. Trying a different version might help. Also, I've read some users have seen improvement by putting a piece of clear tape over the trackpad and cutting around it with a push pin.