Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Phone damaged and locked, how to access?

So I have searched online using blackberry 3G, 9300, damaged, locked, contacts, usb, pc, access, etc, but haven't had any success. I apologize if the answer is out there and this is just a repeat question.

So yesterday I bent over to take the plug out of my tub and my BB 9300 fell from my shirt pocket and into the bath water! I got it out right away and took out the sd, sim, and battery. That's all good, I know. But I went to get some rice and realized I had none. So not thinking it all the way through I grabbed my infant son's rice cereal (granulated rice) and put all the phone's components in the bag. It dried everything out really quickly. The problem here is that the granules are so small that they lodged themselves in every orifice the phone has, including the keyboard.

I bought a new phone today and I put my sim in. It seems that only some of my contacts had been saved. I'm missing about 50! So I plugged the 9300 into my computer via usb and tried to access my files that way. For whatever reason RIM doesn't think that's a good idea. So now I am stuck with a phone that works and only half my contacts. The 9300 will turn on and go to the password screen. I can type in my password sometimes but the 'enter' button will NOT work.

Is there some way around this?? I know what the password is I just can't enter it.

Edit: I'm not sure I was very clear, haha. What I'm asking is if there is a way to access my contacts (BB files) from my PC without downloading anything to my device. I can't do ANYTHING on my device. What do I do if this is not possible? Do I have to call BB/RIM?
    Last edited by seasgreen; 11-30-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seasgreen View Post
    ...I plugged the 9300 into my computer via usb and tried to access my files that way. For whatever reason RIM doesn't think that's a good idea. So now I am stuck with a phone that works and only half my contacts. The 9300 will turn on and go to the password screen. I can type in my password sometimes but the 'enter' button will NOT work...
    Can you provide more detail re what happens when you try to access your phone using your computer and the USB port? Did you get an error message? Have you ever backed up your contacts on your PC? Were the contacts stored in the phone's memory, in the SIM, or both?