Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smugglerkid View Post
    Hi .... I need a quick response .. Does this build fix the issue when opening a large page on the native browser that we are closing the page because it is too large .... Plz reply asap !
    No; due to limitations of hardware
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRei View Post
    No; due to limitations of hardware
    In my own opinion it kinda does, I think they allocated little more memory on the browser. It still closes though if the page is very heavy. (From build .666 my browser used to crashed opening my carrier website with only one tab opened)
    Last edited by odzk; 02-18-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I got the 507 error after updating. any advice?
    fixed. used another computer
    nice os overall
    Last edited by brozium; 02-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by brozium View Post
    I got the 507 error after updating. any advice?
    Just reload the os. Using the app loader make sure you delete the vendor.xml
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by odzk View Post
    In my own opinion it kinda does, I think they allocated little more memory on the browser. It still closes though if the page is very heavy. (From build .666 my browser used to crashed opening my carrier website with only one tab opened)
    Yes, maybe you're right - maybe they added a little more memory. The 9300 simply can't load large pages due to hardware limitations. As we see websites getting bigger and bigger and using more and more memory, I fear it's time thinking about upgrading to a new OS7 device...
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by PeterRei View Post
    Yes, maybe you're right - maybe they added a little more memory. The 9300 simply can't load large pages due to hardware limitations. As we see websites getting bigger and bigger and using more and more memory, I fear it's time thinking about upgrading to a new OS7 device...
    Sorry to say this but im kinda jumping to android or iphone device im planning on getting an s2 or ip4s. Bb doesn't even have a decent sip/voip and xmpp/jabber client which I really need most in our company. Kinda odd by the way my wife's company where she works with is also jumping to android devices, they will be getting a samsung galaxy ace as a standard issue, there company have approx. 500 devices (kinda small but im sure will still hurt rim) , It seems that rim has kinda have a dim future.
    Last edited by odzk; 02-21-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi there , need your help guys. i cant set up my email after installing this OS on my BBcurve9300 , when im trying to click "email accounts" on setup nothing happens, so ican setup my email right now. i badly needed your help.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Jpaladash View Post
    hi there , need your help guys. i cant set up my email after installing this OS on my BBcurve9300 , when im trying to click "email accounts" on setup nothing happens, so ican setup my email right now. i badly needed your help.
    Try accessing your email through the web browser.

Go to www.blackberry.com\emailsetup
    CrackBerry User

""ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded. ""

I have made this instalation step by step two times, but i still have 6.0.0.668 OS.

What should i do? It should be easyer (
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fabulous4u2 View Post
    ""ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded. ""

I have made this instalation step by step two times, but i still have 6.0.0.668 OS.

What should i do? It should be easyer (
    are you sure you deleted the vendor.xml file/s? if you did and still couldn't install, you could try what i did:
    1.) backup your BB
    2.) wipe your BB using BBSAK (blackberry swiss army knife) -- you may google for this application.
    3.) install the update

that was how i did my upgrade from .666 since it won't update "normally".
    good luck!
    Last edited by shyemann; 04-09-2012 at 02:46 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    234603a6

Can i install this on a mac over DM?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Working.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Also for Belgian providor

The link says that it is for Pelephone users. Is it possible for me to use it with a Belgian providor?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by trinichindian View Post
    Try accessing your email through the web browser.

Go to www.blackberry.com\emailsetup
    What you need to do is load back the os5 onto the phone,register to the bb network,get ur email account working again n striaght after that load the os 6 from a secure source like your service provider and load,works,happend to me and that's safest fix
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have updated mine with this version of OS, all is fine, specially the battery life, much better than my previous version.
    But know i cannot Tether or Cannot connect my laptop to use the internet via my curve.
    Its giving error, there is no dial tone, contact your Operator etc.
    I am trying to connect using Desktop Manager.

I have also noticed that my Opera doesnt work on BIS, just works on wifi.
    Last edited by wrathyimp; 06-24-2012 at 02:41 AM.
    CrackBerry User

upgraded mine two days ago and trackpad wont work now, will try downgrading.

cant finger point the problem to the OS though, if I remember correctly it happened last year as well and fixed up itself a few days later
    CrackBerry User

In a span of almost 6 to 7 months from my last upgrade. I haven't downgrade or changed the os to a different version. So I think its safe to say that this is the most stable and the best os version for my curve 3g.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    287AB74B

Default Official OS 6.0.0.723 for BlackBerry Curve 9300 from Pelephone

Nice on My BB from more than 2 weeks ago. Had to shrink it cause too big and i hate to erase all my lovely apps

Quote Originally Posted by tirza12 View Post
    upgraded mine two days ago and trackpad wont work now, will try downgrading.

cant finger point the problem to the OS though, if I remember correctly it happened last year as well and fixed up itself a few days later

i guess that's not from it's OS. maybe your trackpad has a problem. you may change it to the new one maybe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Newbie

ive updated to this os but now my blackberry wont connect to the desktop manager, it says that it cannot communicate with the connected device and prompts me to keep retrying, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi there

I'm new to BB's so forgive me if this is a novice or heavily covered question.
    I used to installing os's on compooters but this is a first time on a mobile device.

I'm having few issue's despite ( I thought ) thoroughly following the instructions.
    I downloaded and ran the file called 9300M_PBr6.0.0_rel3106_PL6.6.0.248_A6.0.0.723_Pele phone

Found and deleted the VENDOR file .. But I keep getting stuck.
    The phone is a curve 9300 ( 3g ) I have security wiped it and unlocked it ( mep code )
    but before I commit to using it as a everyday phone I really would like the new OS on-board.

I keep getting as far as this screen and I either haven't read properly or I'm doing something wrong.
    I can click it ADD... and it wants a file ? which I can't locate.

“The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer” appears when an attempt is made to update BlackBerry Device Software

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter

I'd appreciate the help..
    Last edited by jpmountford; 12-11-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have Windows XP and BB DTM 7.1. Downloaded the v6 and deleted the Vendor file. Double clicked on the Loader file and a box opened with files and boxes to tick. They were all ticked so I clicked on "next" and it immediately said "You have successfully updated" . WTF. It is still v5.
    My DTM cannot find it so I had to click on the loader app file.
    Been through the above post method 3 times and no success.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Problems after updating.

I have updated my 9300 phone from 6.0.0.480 to 6.0.0.723 at least 5 times using different methods each time i.e. Apploader, Swiss Army Knife and the Desktop Manager and following all the steps and each time it installs ok. But when I go to App World to reinstall my apps, all of a sudden BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk, and Windows Live Messenger are unable to update, "unavailable for this device" and under the "Other Devices" tab in "My World". And if I downgrade back to 6.0.0.480, they are available to download and update again. What could be causing this to happen?
    Last edited by Christopher Mc Lean; 02-11-2013 at 02:44 AM. Reason: The original OS I had on my BlackBerry was 6.0.0.480 and not 6.0.0.666 as I though. Everything else is correct.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Four days and am NOT regretting the upgrade, battery life looks good, also have 30MB Free!..my previous 668 OS left very little app space
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Mc Lean View Post
    I have updated my 9300 phone from 6.0.0.480 to 6.0.0.723 at least 5 times using different methods each time i.e. Apploader, Swiss Army Knife and the Desktop Manager and following all the steps and each time it installs ok. But when I go to App World to reinstall my apps, all of a sudden BlackBerry Messenger, Google Talk, and Windows Live Messenger are unable to update, "unavailable for this device" and under the "Other Devices" tab in "My World". And if I downgrade back to 6.0.0.480, they are available to download and update again. What could be causing this to happen?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast