Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,126 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Official OS 6.0.0.706 for the Curve 3G 9330 from Sprint

Global Posts
    13,803 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Arrow Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    Thanked by:
    kpr55 (01-05-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

FlieSonic Mirror for faster download: LINK
    CrackBerry Newbie

Im having trouble trying to acces everything data related like lets say, facebook, Twitter, Weather apps and so on...!!!! whats happening??? Help!!!!! it keeps on saying that im currently on a plan that doesnt support data and it asks me to connect over WiFi!!!!! what is this??? Why???
    CrackBerry User

Default What's in this update?

I can't figure out one new thing in this update except they still have not fixed the date issue. When you reboot, for the day, the date goes to 31. Please post what is new if you know. I called Sprint and they didn't know anything about an update.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Is there any other people that has tried this version? It seems to be very mixed. I'm a little afraid to try it.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    2,027 Global Posts

I didn't know bb existed in 1969 lol.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, I made a backup of my BB, I downloaded the latest version of OS 6, installed it, deleted the vendor.xml file, launch the loader, but on the installer I only see my applications, not the OS, and if I continue the oS doesnt install, any ideas?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi can I use this update even though its not the same service provider ,I have a new company's blackberry(Wind mobile and I'm currently running (v6.0.0.600,platform 6.6.0.223)
    CrackBerry User

just installed this today and it seems to be running excellent so far, my visual voicemail doesnt freeze, and also a new feature i found is the 160 character text limit is gone, its now 1120 and will split up the messages into a max of 7 texts
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
    -George S. Patton

Samsung SPH-A920 > Blackberry 8330 > HTC Touch > HTC Touch Pro > HTC Touch Pro2 > Blackberry 8330 > Blackberry 9330