CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Latest Official: 9330 OS 6.0.0.633 from TATA INDICOM CDMA

Got from @BBOSUpdates on Twitter.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v6.0.0.2801 (Asia)

Package Version: 6.0.0.2801
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 6.0.0.633
    Software Platform: 4.4.0.507
    File name: 9330Asia_PBr6.0.0_rel2801_PL4.4.0.507_A6.0.0.633_T ATA_INDICOM___CDMA.exe
    File size: 138.25MB

Download here
    Thanked by 2:
    LMaks (11-21-2011),  zocster (10-03-2011) 

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Arrow Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS6 UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      •64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      •32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or Shrink-A-OS/BBH+ Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After OS install is complete, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is installed.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    • How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry User

Default Mirror please

can someone post a mirror for this? for some reason I can't download the entire file from the BB servers, I get to about 60mb and than it stops downloading, I have tried downloading this a few times and the same thing keeps happening. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having a hard time getting the OS onto my phone too. It just isn't working. I don't think this Tata indicom software will work for my Sprint phone. Even when I delete the vendor file it still does not work.
    Last edited by Dmajor213; 10-04-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts

RIM's Servers won't even let me download....I keep getting either a server Maintenance error or an interrupted download. I've been trying to download OS5 for 4 days now.

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Lightbulb How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

Quote Originally Posted by Dmajor213 View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting the OS onto my phone too. It just isn't working. I don't think this Tata indicom software will work for my Sprint phone. Even when I delete the vendor file it still does not work.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

So I'm assuming you have successfully downloaded the OS, unlike a few of the other members mentioning some issues even just downloading it in the first place, which is an unrelated issue.
    A ton of people are having the same problem as you with this last batch of OS's on the various OS6 devices.

How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

If you're having this issue, there are 2 common reasons.

The first is that there is an extra copy of Vendor on your PC (assuming you've already deleted Vendor). Search your PC for Vendor. It might appear in Temp Files or elsewhere.
    When deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.

If there doesn't appear to be Vendor anywhere, you need to delete the contents of the AppLoader folder. (That's the folder where you found Vendor.)

1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel>Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •

Z30
    Thanked by:
    TheFreshBreath (10-05-2011) 

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by palisoulja1 View Post
    can someone post a mirror for this? for some reason I can't download the entire file from the BB servers, I get to about 60mb and than it stops downloading, I have tried downloading this a few times and the same thing keeps happening. Thanks!
    If it's any consolation, it's not just you. I tired unsuccessfully 3-4 times downloading 666 for 9800 from the RIM site. Luckily someone had posted 2 mirrors that work for that OS.
    Hopefully someone does the same. Give your sanity a break and be patient!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathon94 View Post
    RIM's Servers won't even let me download....I keep getting either a server Maintenance error or an interrupted download. I've been trying to download OS5 for 4 days now.
    OS5 ??? Do you mean OS6 ?

Z30
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up Thanks Elite1 !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elite1 View Post
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

So I'm assuming you have successfully downloaded the OS, unlike a few of the other members mentioning some issues even just downloading it in the first place, which is an unrelated issue.
    A ton of people are having the same problem as you with this last batch of OS's on the various OS6 devices.

How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available

If you're having this issue, there are 2 common reasons.

The first is that there is an extra copy of Vendor on your PC (assuming you've already deleted Vendor). Search your PC for Vendor. It might appear in Temp Files or elsewhere.
    When deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.

If there doesn't appear to be Vendor anywhere, you need to delete the contents of the AppLoader folder. (That's the folder where you found Vendor.)

1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel>Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

First off thanks for the welcome! Your instructions were spot on & my device is currently upgrading to the newer OS. THANKS A MILLION! For those having trouble downloading the OS from the server my only advice is keep trying. It took me a few tries before the OS downloaded properly without spontaneously stopping, but ultimately it downloaded.
    Last edited by Dmajor213; 10-05-2011 at 10:23 AM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

After getting the newer OS onto my device I am yet to see any substantial differences. What kind of differences is this OS really supposed to provide? Anyone know?

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

First off thanks for the welcome! Your instructions were spot on & my device is currently upgrading to the newer OS. THANKS A MILLION!
    You're very welcome, and great to hear!

For those having trouble downloading the OS from the server my only advice is keep trying. It took me a few tries before the OS downloaded properly without spontaneously stopping, but ultimately it downloaded.
    This is great advice.
    If the DL's not working after a couple tries, give it a rest for awhile and come back a little later… before you go crazy!

Z30

Global Posts
    12,406 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

After getting the newer OS onto my device I am yet to see any substantial differences. What kind of differences is this OS really supposed to provide? Anyone know?
    Unfortunately, RIM never releases change logs for their OS versions.
    No idea why, especially since they do make them. Change Logs are often sent by RIM to the carriers when RIM sends the carriers OS builds for testing.

I've only seen a change log 2-3 times. Once my Telus dealer sent me one for a major 8530 update, as I had 2 people with 8530's.
    A friend who tests OS's for AT&T showed me a change log once or twice as well.

Unfortunately, the only way to get news on changes, fixes, new problems, etc, is to follow these threads on CB.
    Hopefully some other 9330 users will post more findings soon.

Z30
    Thanked by 2:
    TheFreshBreath (10-06-2011),  jonathon.94 (10-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    692 Global Posts

Can Someone please tell us what changed?