Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to make phone stop sharing info with Yahoo Mail?

Shortly before I got rid of my old phone number I got a new Curve 8520 (OS 5.something) and when I was setting it up, I used the Setup Wizard to connect to my Yahoo email address just like I had on my previous two phones (same model, different color). It asked me something about sharing contacts with Yahoo or syncing or something, and I told it okay. From then on, when I composed a new email and chose who to send it to, anyone in my phone's contact list, my e-mail contacts, or even just that I had an e-mail from in my online inbox (not even necessarily on my phone, just in my Yahoo mailbox) would show up as an available recipient. For example, if I press R, I get all the people on my phone who start with R, all the people in my email contacts who start with R, every piece of junk mail in my inbox from a spammer whose name starts with R, etc.

I now have a completely different phone number and and a brand-new phone (Curve 3G that started out with OS 5.5 and upgraded to OS6 when T-Mobile released it) but the same email address and the same problem with my contacts being shared. It's now become more than a simple annoyance: My email address has been "accessed" and is sending out spam to every email address it has access to, including work-related addresses on my phone.

Does anyone know how to make my phone and email stop sharing contacts? I've tried deleting the email account and reinstalling it, I've searched every setting I can find both on the phone and on Yahoo, and I'm sure I never had my new SIM card in my old phone, or vice versa, so I'm not even sure how they continue to share with each other. This was a brand-new phone from a factory-sealed box so no one tinkered with it before I got it. I assume since I set it up using my phone, it's the phone I need to use to undo it. I thought it put an icon on my old phone to use if I ever wanted to break the connection, but if it did, it's gone now.

Thanks for any help you can give!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Unsharing Yahoo!

It seems that you just login to Yahoo! and get to "Manage App and Website Connections". There is provision to unshare various connections/apps. Try this link https://api.login.yahoo.com/WSLogin/V1/unlink?.intl=us
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,485 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B681AED

The original post was made back on 09-22-2011, 09:53 PM and I seriously doubt the OP care now in the least.
    No such thing as too many backups. Remember that.
    -= Back in Black =-
    Sorry I left you for 3 months.........
    CrackBerry Newbie

Funnily enough though, I was Googling randomly and it helped me, so thanks reply guy!