Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Help updating OS

hi all of you..
    im BB new user & i just bought Curve3G 9300
    i dont know anything about BB (new user)
    i want to update OS to V6.0.0.461 from Telus Mobility & i followed (How To: Update to a Leaked/Beta OS ) instructions ...but it gave me an error

(((This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.)))

my BB is new & locked on 1 operator only (EGYPT)

so plz help me to update it & i want to know how to unlock it because i want to use VODAFONE EGYPT on it

thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

What error did you get?

once you delete the vendor.xml file, and run loader.exe you should be good.

To change your carrier, you will require the phone to be unlocked. Search the unlocking section of these forums and pick one. It will cost you between $10-20.

good luck!
    Follow me on twitter @AllAboutMyBB

Check out my BB blog! www.allaboutmybb.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Mark PPG View Post
    What error did you get?

once you delete the vendor.xml file, and run loader.exe you should be good.

To change your carrier, you will require the phone to be unlocked. Search the unlocking section of these forums and pick one. It will cost you between $10-20.

good luck!
    after running loader.exe it detects my device pin..then NEXT then it says (the black berry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer.Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator)
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,172 Global Posts

Did you download and install the device OS to your computer?
    Did you delete the vendor.xml file from you computer?
  5. Matrix Leader

Download the Operating System from the below link:

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Make sure you create a backup using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager before you perform the below! Close it after the backup is done!

Also, before you install the file you have just downloaded, go to Control Panel, then Programs and features (or Add/Remove if you are on Windows XP), then make sure you do not have any previous "BlackBerry Device Software installed" as it may create a conflict.

While running loader.exe, you need to make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Manager is not running!

Instructions For Installation:

1) Install the *.exe file you just downloaded.

2) Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

3) Delete the file named vendor.xml

4) Connect your BlackBerry through the USB port

5) Run loader.exe

6) Follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

not working

i cant update....the loader.exe cant find the update (it shows empty list)
    & i downloaded OS5 from the operator support & its working fine

y the loader.exe cant see OS6 update it says (((This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.)))

7. Matrix Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ashrafabdeen View Post
    not working

i cant update....the loader.exe cant find the update (it shows empty list)
    & i downloaded OS5 from the operator support & its working fine

y the loader.exe cant see OS6 update it says (((This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit BlackBerry - Data Plan - Upgrade Your BlackBerry Data Plan.)))

Ensure you have deleted the VENDOR.XML FILE and that you have installed the correct OS for your device not some other OS 6!

Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    Ensure you have deleted the VENDOR.XML FILE and that you have installed the correct OS for your device not some other OS 6!

Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

yes i did.... & i downloaded the OS 6 from ur link
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

what should i do
  10. Matrix Leader

Go to Control Panel, then Add / Remove programs or Programs and Features, then remove any BlackBerry Device Software listed there.

then go to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>>Shared >>> Loader Files, and manually delete any folder in there.

Restart your PC, then install the new OS 6 again, delete the vendor.xml file, then run loader.exe

let me know, if that doesn't work I have a last solution which will surely work. But I dont want u to try it before trying the above first.
    Thanked by:
    ashrafabdeen (03-16-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix Leader View Post
    Go to Control Panel, then Add / Remove programs or Programs and Features, then remove any BlackBerry Device Software listed there.

then go to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>>Shared >>> Loader Files, and manually delete any folder in there.

Restart your PC, then install the new OS 6 again, delete the vendor.xml file, then run loader.exe

let me know, if that doesn't work I have a last solution which will surely work. But I dont want u to try it before trying the above first.
    ok thank you...i will try it now & tell you
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

didn't work
  13. Matrix Leader

Quote Originally Posted by ashrafabdeen View Post
    didn't work

Check your private message that I sent you man.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    332519F1

ive received that same exact error 2x in my life.
    both were when i was trying to upgrade my new 9330 BEFORE i activated it with my provider.
    is the phone activated and on a BIS(blackberry data) plan?
    i also only got that thru desktop manager itself tho.

have you tried wiping the device before you install os 6? and then using loader.exe to update it?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

ALL DONE ...
    updated to OS 6 after unlocking the phone..

i got my MEP2 CODE from a friend then i tired to update it again & it worked fine

THANK YOU ALL
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have the same problem when i was trying to update the os 6 from blackberry desktop manager. it says This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service..

helpp!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

cant update mine (( same problem (( help!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,220 Global Posts

What exact problem are you having updating? Please be specific.

Do you have an active BlackBerry Data Plan? If not, then you need to use the AppLoader (loader.exe) to update instead of using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    If you are using the AppLoader, have you followed ALL the instructions including deleting BOTH the vendor.xml files from your computer?