Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP! Firmware/OS help please!

Hello A friend gave me a blackberry curve 9300, and its unlocked from vodafone and my tesco sim card works, but I can't recieve or 'send' calls or texts... I've read up that some service providers also have a seperate lock on the phone via the OS, and in order to 'unlock' this, I had to reflash the firmware by up/downgrading the firmware or updating to a new OS from a different service. Now I downgraded to the standard OS 5 but still nothing (this must have been just a downgrade, but still with the vodafone OS), and because Tesco is also with O2 I thought I would download the O2 UK OS and update from there, but RIM asks me for a load of business info? Like my business name and job title? I'm just a kid, and I don't have that info! I've read on forums to 'make it up' but I hate doing that and there is no alternate downlaod links to the O2 UK software...
    Please help! Thank you
    Harry
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,146 Global Posts

Loading the OS from another carrier will not "unlock" the device. Have you checked to see if it is locked? When you go to Options > SIM Card and type mepd, what does it read next to "Network". If it reads "Active", then it is locked and you need to purchase an unlock code. Just go into the Unlocking Forums and contact one of the vendors.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

No it's all fully unlocked its just I can't receive call or texts :\ thank you anyway
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,146 Global Posts

What does it read next to "Network" on that screen?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

It says disabled... I've loaded the O2 OS onto it but whenever I try to call my home, it says 'no service is currently available' and when the device reboots its still shows the Vodafone logo :/ I'm starting to believe it has an MM6 lock on it where the phone has been reported stolen... Is there a way I can unlock that?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,146 Global Posts

It's always going to show the Vodafone logo. Again, loading a different carrier's OS release does not change anything like that.

If it has an MM6 lock, then there is no way to unlock that.

You should contact your carrier to have them check the IMEI and the PIN.