Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Fix available for Curve 3G 9300 "Network Drop/Broken Net" Syndrome

Many of us, due to variety of reasons, running BlackBerry on generic data plans offered by SPs are experiencing "Network Drop/Broken Net" Syndrome. Recently there was "calls for help" on the forums - can check the thread HERE, as well I got few PM on how to fix the issue.

Several days ago came a solution, which I run on my device for past four days without any problem - and most importantly no network drops at all.

If you need the fix you can check the original solution HERE - in Chinese, or go for instructions in English on SmartPhoneGurus forums - HERE
    Thanked by:
    symbotier (04-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Trying, and report in some day. Hope its fix this error
    CrackBerry Newbie

After up this OS, i cant use Browser :| It's notification about :
    uncaught exception: shared webkit ...

Can you help me :| ?

And this file cannot use as normal rom, i have to install it and copy / replace Java folder into my Base OS folder
    CrackBerry Newbie

Download opera, you need to use a 3th app. I use the rom for a week works fine to me! No drops

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

When people are using windows xp you've got to open the file in the windows 95 mode
    Click right on the file properties somewere in the properties you could setup to open the file in windows 95 mode.

After that you are able to install the rom

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by dephia View Post
    After up this OS, i cant use Browser :| It's notification about :
    uncaught exception: shared webkit ...

Can you help me :| ?

And this file cannot use as normal rom, i have to install it and copy / replace Java folder into my Base OS folder
    Check the link with instructions in English - actually this is how exactly it worked for me.
    Haven't used base OS, just uninstalled previously installed OS on the PC, then installed the package, delete Vendor.XML file and run Loader.exe from AppLoader folder.

Browser and third party applications work just fine on my install, no any errors or so, and no network drops. Later on, after running the OS for two days "as it came", have add some .CODs to Java folder to have other languages but not only Chinese and English and to get voice dialing working.

In my case everything was done using Win7 system.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mtint View Post
    Check the link with instructions in English - actually this is how exactly it worked for me.
    Haven't used base OS, just uninstalled previously installed OS on the PC, then installed the package, delete Vendor.XML file and run Loader.exe from AppLoader folder.

Browser and third party applications work just fine on my install, no any errors or so, and no network drops. Later on, after running the OS for two days "as it came", have add some .CODs to Java folder to have other languages but not only Chinese and English and to get voice dialing working.

In my case everything was done using Win7 system.
    Oh, but when install, its no have any Install Path but C:\ :| So, how can i install it :| ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dephia View Post
    Oh, but when install, its no have any Install Path but C:\ :| So, how can i install it :| ?
    Yes, it installs it on C:\

After installation you will have everything in following folder:
    C:\9300AllLang_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.124\

If you want to add .CODs, language or voice dialing add them in:
    C:\9300AllLang_v6.0.0.448_P6.6.0.124\Java

Then
    6. On your PC go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the file Vendor.xml if there
    7. Connect your BlackBerry to the PC
    8. From the above mentioned folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader) run the executable file, by double clicking on it, Loader.exe
    I do recommend with first install don't mess with any other .CODs or whatever. Just do install straightforward as described in the instruction. If it works for you, take couple of days at least, then can get into adding languages or whatever stuff you need.
    Last edited by mtint; 05-10-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    Thanked by:
    dephia (05-12-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok, I think it fix the network problems, but this rom drain battery so fast :| . I think Rom 526 of AT&T or 534 Bell Mobi is the best choice for hybrid :| You know any rom can fix this ??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Not as good as latest ROMs in terms of battery life. With my usage pattern, which is quite heavy, batteery takes me through the day - works for me.

No other hybrid or anything for now fixes network drop syndrome. Other option is to subscribe to BIS if offered by service provider.
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is an old thread, but I want to bump it to say thanks to mtint for pointing me to this information. I have installed one of the "continuous network" Chinese hybrids on my 9700 and it seems to have fixed my very frustrating "dropped network" problem I was having here in Sweden with a generic data plan on both OS 5 and OS 6.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, i recently got BB Curve 9360, no BIS plan. Had this problem and googled and finally thought i will have a solution from this thread..

Not sure if anyone has a solution for network drop on OS 7.0?

Thanks~!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

TBH never heard about a solution on OS 7. Was told on OS 7 the issue isn't that huge, as the "network drop" isn't so frequent. Anyways, if find a solution for your phone available will post it here.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Fix available for Curve 3G 9300 "Network Drop/Broken Net" Syndrome

am having trouble logging on to [ coz of network issues in. i dont hav broadband. can u pliz email the hybrid ROM and the BBSACK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) to lukephiri@gmail.com. at least i can access my mail
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default fix available for bb 9800?

can u help me with info on downloadable hybrid rom links for torch 9800 which sorts out the network drop problem? has anyone customised the 461 build to use it on the 9800? ur help will be much appreciated. can u mail the hybrid rom to may2003ram@gmail.com?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question

hi, i downloaded hybrid rom for 9800. but downloaded file not matching file size shown at site. on running in windows compatibility mode, setup file is asking for disk 2 ? where am i going wrong . can u please help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Dude, the link to hybrid ROM on the site whose link you have posted is dead.
    Can you please post the links of all the required stuff for blackberry curve 9300.
    Too much frustrated due to network drop syndrome.
    Please help.