Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default curve9300 shutting off

My blackberry has shut off a few times today. I woke up and it was turned off. I had the battery full charged, and when I put a fully charged battery in it it turned on and then off so I put it on charge and just let it sit for a few hours and it worked fine and now it keeps turning off again and won't turn on unless its on charge. I read that it could be storage but I don't know see why because I don't have that many apps. I think I might delete some, would that help? Is this happening to anyone else? It's on the AT&T network and I got it in late January. AT&T sent it because my other phone was damaged. Just trying to give as much info as possible.

Please help
    CrackBerry Abuser

hi
    im not sure its a hardware or software issue i suggest if you try install a differrent os if the problem still occur then it may be hardware issue then contact your carrier
    hope this help
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me for BBM pin.

Which version of OS are you running.

Which Apps are open all the time?

Which apps are installed?

Are you a huge user of FB or Twitter?

Do use WIFI?

How much free space do you have?

Welcome to the forums.
    http://twitter.com/Wackostu Pearl Flip>8520>9300>new 9300 (bad trackpad)>9900>iPhone4S +Playbook

"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means you`re being cocky once in a while, have at it." .....Tony Stewart

You cant hold no groove, if you aint got no pocket!.... Bootsy Collins

Bass Playing Blackberry/iPhone Addict Club Charter Member
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same thing happening with mine. I have a 9300 with Sprint. 2 days ago it shut off while sitting on a table. Today it shutoff while in my pocket. Both times it would not restart. I removed and installed the battery and it restarted after a 3 min boot process. I only have apps that I downloaded from Blackberry and Sprint:
    Gmail, Total Equipment Protection, runtastic, Poynt, Google Maps, Amazon MP3, miRoamer, and Txt U L8r. The phone is only about 5 weeks old and was brand new when I got it. 2 days ago the battery was 80% and today it is at 90%. I don't believe it's the battery because even if there was a momentary loss of power it would have restarted when I pressed the start button. There has to be some kind of low level software lockup.
    CrackBerry Newbie

My 9300 just started the same thing about 3 days now. The phone is 4 months old ( bought new) and I have absolutely no apps whatsoever on it. I don't have a internet package or BBM. Only have about 14 jpeg images and no movies. WHAT IS THIS??
    I am considering selling the phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Same things happening to me!

Ive read through this sight looking for solutions and all im getting is people telling me the same problem is happening to me? i need help with this asap as i work in a docotrs surgery and sometimes take personal calls and it keeps cutting out, would it be worth going back to where i got the phone from (phones 4 u) and sending it off, or would they not do anything??