Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kbz1960
  • 1 Post By 12khaled21
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Curve 9300 Problem .. PLEASE HELP !!!

So here's the problem ...... I bought a Blackbery Curve 9300 4 days ago, and what happens, is when I try to update it, it gave me at first, error 507 (Which means there's no OS in the device I suppose) ... when I tried to update it again, it gets stuck on ''Reconnecting to JVN'' or ''JVM'' can't remember ..... I've been trying to find a solution for hours and stil no luck .... i tried pulling the battery out and putting it back in, but doesnt work ..... a pop up message told me to go to control panel, check for USB Root hub and put a check mark on a certain option, but they were already checked ..... this situation is extremely frustrating because the guy from whom i bought the phone doesn't answer anymore, and I don't really want to take it to a store to repair it for like 60-80 $ or whatever ..... if possible, I'd like to get some help please !!!

ALSO, I've tried going into Safe mode, WHICH WORKED FOR 2 minutes, but then, got a white screen, and rebooted the phone and keeps on rebooting ..... I can't access Safe mode anymore :/ .....

Please, Help me guys .... I've searched many threads, but none of them seems to work and ive posted on many thread, and I haven't got a single reply ...

Thanks in advance !
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    67,181 Global Posts

Sounds like you've been taken. Make sure you only have 1 OS installed on your pc and keep trying, if it's a laptop make sure power saving isn't enabled on the usb ports.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Sounds like you've been taken. Make sure you only have 1 OS installed on your pc and keep trying, if it's a laptop make sure power saving isn't enabled on the usb ports.
    How can I make sure I only have 1 OS on my computer !? is there a directory file where the blackberry's OS is placed !? & Im using my desktop, but I do have a laptop, and it just does the same error

Thanks for replying
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    67,181 Global Posts

Windows? Either add and remove programs or programs and features. Just remember though that you said the person you bought it from won't talk to you which may mean they know there is an issue with the phone. You could try to wipe it with bbsak and see if that helps but not sure how would if you have a 507 reload now.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Thanked by:
    12khaled21 (11-25-2012) 
    12khaled21 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    Windows? Either add and remove programs or programs and features. Just remember though that you said the person you bought it from won't talk to you which may mean they know there is an issue with the phone. You could try to wipe it with bbsak and see if that helps but not sure how would if you have a 507 reload now.
    Well... I did what you told me to do..... I deleted all of the Operating system from Add/Remove programs.......... plugged the phone via USB, and while it was updating, it gave me an error 545 and 507 , but it kept on updating o,o and, well.... IT WORKS ....!!! UR A GENIUS SIR ! THANKS A BUNCH !!!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Ffs i used it, only updated bbm, and now i was in a middle of a conversation on my phone, and the phone shuts off and just does the same problem !!!!! It's extremely frustrating god !!!!!

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase help !!!!!!!!!! Bump bump bump !!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Does it shuts off because battery is empty - after phone restarts shows only few percentages of battery left?

We had a similar case with kiddos 9300 and turned out a faulty battery.

What I will do in such a situation
    Wipe the phone, install fresh OS - to be sure there wasnt problem with prev install)
    In case nothing changes, second will be to get a new battery.
    If still issues with the phone, well, then a time to go to repair shop
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Phone was fully charged when it happenned earlier .... I even have a backup battery just in case , so I don't think it would be a faulty battery.

I'm going to try to reinstall the OS one more time and see what it'll do(Btw, ive been wiping the device with JL_Cmder and it just does the same problem, I don't know why, and I can't even use BBSak because it doesn't detect my blackberry)

Thank-you for replying !
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    67,181 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 12khaled21 View Post
    Ffs i used it, only updated bbm, and now i was in a middle of a conversation on my phone, and the phone shuts off and just does the same problem !!!!! It's extremely frustrating god !!!!!

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaaase help !!!!!!!!!! Bump bump bump !!!
    Well dang it. May be a hardware issue.