CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Buttons and track ball won't work.

Hello. As the title suggests, the buttons and trackball on my BB Curve 3G 9330 won't work. I've tried pulling out the battery and putting it back in, and it turns on, but i can't do anything. Also, the screen flickers when I turn it back on. Basically, I was just wondering if there was anything I can do. I have insurance, but the process of waiting for a new one is frustrating. Thank you in advance.

Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

Quote Originally Posted by anoak27 View Post
    Hello. As the title suggests, the buttons and trackball on my BB Curve 3G 9330 won't work. I've tried pulling out the battery and putting it back in, and it turns on, but i can't do anything. Also, the screen flickers when I turn it back on. Basically, I was just wondering if there was anything I can do. I have insurance, but the process of waiting for a new one is frustrating. Thank you in advance.
    First question based on the information you've provided: Has your device been exposed to high humidity, or has it gotten wet? (sweaty pocket or bathroom steam?).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

It's been raining all day and I have had it out in the rain. The water damage indicator isn't showing though. Do you think the water could have just messed with the buttons?

Global Posts
    31,006 Global Posts
    PIN
    In Semi-retirement

That is A fair assumption. Pull the battery, it's time to get it dried out before you go the next route. If you're lucky, you may not newed to replace, but that's still a possibility. Your symptoms are classic for moisture infiltration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 04-27-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi, i have a new blackberry curve 9320 that a got at christmas and i was just on it and my trackpad stopped working. So i took my battery out and put it back in and when it came on nothing would work! The trackpad the select button and none of the keys except my turn off button? what should i do?