Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry says I have another sync client adding events to my calendar

My google calendar hasn't been syncing to my blackberry, so upon checking it, it says "Another sync client has been adding events to the Blackberry calendar. To avoid duplicates google sync will not keep these events up to date." I don't understand what's going on. Can anyone help me?

I have tried everything under the sun. Delete google sync, run again....The only thing I can think of may be some option in BB desktop manager which I only use to backup data. I rarely use my laptop anymore anyway.

Can someone help me?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I am sorry I can't help you, but I have had the same problem. Hopefully someone else can point us in the right direction.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by ring o fire View Post
    I am sorry I can't help you, but I have had the same problem. Hopefully someone else can point us in the right direction.
    I hope someone can. This is frustrating. Shame on RIM and Google.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  4. no1
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

This message may be a result of an emailed appointment invitation that you accepted, resulting in the addition of said appointment to your calendar. Other events that you add through Google or to your device calendar (depending on your sync settings) will continue to sync.

If you have all desired events on your Google calendar, you can uninstall Google Sync, wipe your device calendar through DM, and reinstall Google Sync to resolve this.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

How do I wipe device from DM? I am terrified to do this? Can you explain the steps? Am I wiping everything?
  6. no1
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

An easier alternative would be to open your device calendar, go to a date a year or more into the future, and delete prior. This should do the trick - bottom line you need to start with a clean device calendar. Then reinstall and sync.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

OK...Go into device calendar? Using DM or on my Curve? I am confused by this?

Then, delete an event entry a year down the road?
  8. no1
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Go into device calendar on your phone. Hit BB menu key. Select Go To Date. . .

Enter a date in the future (I have typically gone forward a year - Jan 30, 2012 for instance). Once you are on that date, be sure date is highlighted, not an event. Hit BB menu key. Select Delete Prior. your target is an empty calendar for a fresh sync.

I have done this on several occasions. If you have all events in Google, you can repopulate the device calendar when you sync again.

Thanked by:
    ruscolinni (04-04-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thank You so much! This worked. I believe too it had or has something to do with duplicate entries and entries packed in the same time together?

Thanks again!!!!!
  10. no1
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I make it a point when I receive a message invitation to an event to delete the message and remove it immediately from my device calendar, then create the event on the device or in Google so that it syncs correctly.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

That brings up a great point. I rec'd an invite to an event last week that was replacing another. I did delete the email but never went back into my laptop to delete or create. Such an easy solution for an issue that has been on-going for months and months...more like a year....

You should work @ Google and teach them the resolution!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by no1 View Post
    Go into device calendar on your phone. Hit BB menu key. Select Go To Date. . .

Enter a date in the future (I have typically gone forward a year - Jan 30, 2012 for instance). Once you are on that date, be sure date is highlighted, not an event. Hit BB menu key. Select Delete Prior. your target is an empty calendar for a fresh sync.

I have done this on several occasions. If you have all events in Google, you can repopulate the device calendar when you sync again.

You're a life saver!!!
    9800 .450 ... ya dig?

.... i have the best jump shot out of any music educator over 35...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't see a "Delete Prior" option when I hit the BB key. Please help?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Cannot find it on my blackberry curve

The 'delete prior' function is nowhere to be found based on the above steps that appears to be working for everyone else.
    CrackBerry Newbie

View by Agenda instead of day or month, that seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Klafter View Post
    I don't see a "Delete Prior" option when I hit the BB key. Please help?