Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Curve 9300

Did anybody else see the 9300 pics on CB? What do you guys think? It's 3G with wi-fi. Correct me if im wrong, but isn't the 8530 3G? It says 3G on the back. Anyway this looks identical to the 8500 series, except with a more metallic edge. It has the same memory and OS as the 8500 as well. Is there any signifigant difference? It doesn't seem so to me. What is the point of the device if it looks identical and has similar spec to the 8500?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

just went back n looked at the pics its the same frigging thing... i don't even know why they bothered.. they should have just made a new case for the 8520 cause thats all it looks like they did...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,207 Global Posts

Lets not forget that the new 9650 bold was lower spec early on, and bumped up considerably for the "official" announcement, even though it still LOOKS like the Tour... I would say, too early to start complaining about what it doesn't have yet, there's still time to upgrade the memory/processor/features.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts
    PIN
    I Don't Know You Like That!

Thumbs down

What's so "next generation" about it??? If it looks just like the one from the previous GEN and if it looks like 90% of the BBs out there already?

And, if the specs are the same with just 3G and WiFi, what's the point?

And, WHY even release this with 5.0 when you are trying to push BB6. If this, or any other "next generation" phone can't handle BB6, scrap it and work at it until it can. Besides, the differences between 4.6 and 5.0 weren't so big anyway.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Well, I am sure disappointed. I have a Curve 8900, and was hoping for a better upgrade than this. Still no flash, 2.0 camera, seriously? Let's hope they make some changes by the time this is released.

I do like the keyboard which is why I never upgraded to Bold 9700, but they should have done a better job with this. Might as well go with 85xx because it will be cheaper.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    PIN
    321E20AB

No flash on cam but they are upgrading from 2mp to 3.2. I'm sure the specs will go up as far as RAM, 256 isn't gonna be enough for OS6, or at least that's what most believe. As far as cosmetics, it looks like there is a chrome strip around the edges, instead of the rubbery sides of the 8530. It will still be a starter BB compared to the others out there so why not just get a 9650, 9700, or 9800 when released instead?
    MulishaMan187

Find all of my themes here and join the mailing list for latest news on updates.

Quote Originally Posted by me
    If you haven't Google'd it yet, don't ask me the question. You have almost every answer to any question at the stroke of a few keys, yet you still ask dumb questions. When you've tried google and failed, then I might be able to help.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

Quote Originally Posted by ratsttam View Post
    Lets not forget that the new 9650 bold was lower spec early on, and bumped up considerably for the "official" announcement, even though it still LOOKS like the Tour... I would say, too early to start complaining about what it doesn't have yet, there's still time to upgrade the memory/processor/features.
    Let's not also forget that the 9650 has inferioir processing power even compared with this 'lowly" 9300

First BlackBerry Curve 9300 Kepler Images Leak Out - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

624mhz proc for the 9300 (same as 9700 and 9100).... 9650 is like 528mhz or something like that... LOL!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,421 Global Posts

Still don't understand why RIM just didn't take the 8900 and redesign the keypad to accommodate the trackpad.The hardware specs look decent but the body and camera are substandard even for an entry-level BB.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

This phone is exactly in line with what carriers want. Just today AT&T announced new tarifs. Do yiou think that it is a coincidence that the 9300 (a cheap, low end BlackBery) gets announced/leaked the same day?

Carriers hate phones. Why? They want to sell network time. Expensive phones stop this happening.

Make a cheap phone that looks like an expensive phone and combine that with a flexible plan and sell lots of phones and lots of plans - which is really what the cariers want to do.

Users love phones and hate carriers. Why? They charge a fortune for phones and then hammer you with a big old plan that not everyone wants/can afford.

What do we have with the new AT&T tarifs + a 9300 = sell lots, happy carrier, happy RIM, fairly happy users.

Unless you want a high end phone and loads of data, this combo sounds like a winner to me.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

The 8530 may be 3G, but I don't think the 8520 is. The CDMA curves were always 3G, even the 8330. I think this is the first GSM 3G curve.
    "You're going to have to do better than 'LOLNO' when its clearly true."
    CrackBerry Addict

naming scheme is just ******** now.. esp since the curve 8900 is better.. then they come out with this curve 9300 which is lower end than the 8900 but with higher numbers... what are they thinking...
    Z30 | HTC one (m7)
    10.2.1.2179 | Kitkat 4.4.2
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    NER

Dude... You're not thinking... 9300 is the true successor to the 8300... Just like 8100->9100, 8700->9700...

Devices like 85XX, 8900, 9000 are the anomalies...

With 9800 on the verge of releasing... We'll probably see a 9900 soon...

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,323 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    Dude... You're not thinking... 9300 is the true successor to the 8300... Just like 8100->9100, 8700->9700...

Devices like 85XX, 8900, 9000 are the anomalies...

With 9800 on the verge of releasing... We'll probably see a 9900 soon...

The 8900 was and still is the true successor to the 83XX series devices. You're using RIMs messed up numbering shceme to justify your theory??

The 8900 was the updated all in one curve.

The 9000 is not an "anomaly" its the successor to the 88XX series.

The 85XX is a cheaper stripped down 8900 variant (great for markets outside the US)

So why the 93XX series? No good reason all they have to do is update the 8900.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 9000 (brief) > 9530 (Ugh!) & 8900 > 8220 > 8120 > 8520 > 9550
    > 9000 > 9700 9650

BB tech: Got a problem? Feel free to PM me.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,143 Global Posts

I wonder how much their gonna charge for the 9300 compared to the 8530/20...

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fedge View Post
    I wonder how much their gonna charge for the 9300 compared to the 8530/20...

MOst likely save as the 85xx. Or not many people will buy it if it's more expensive.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    255C48D4

Same pics (in case anyone missed em: Blackberry 9300 Surfaces) the form fact just looks the same. I'm a little upset. Want something different.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,768 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emkwan View Post
    Same pics (in case anyone missed em: Blackberry 9300 Surfaces) the form fact just looks the same. I'm a little upset. Want something different.

Think of the Curve as a corvette. no matter the year, you will recognize it as a corvette. Comparatively the Mustang has been completely redesigned over the years, and there was a time when it looked like a cheap Honda Civic.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

It states Wi-Fi + UMA although the 3G Bands aren't for T-Mobile, am I missing something?

The 9300 Looks good alright but why remove the camera FLASH from it? Makes no sense to me when even the older models had it. Why continue down the road of the 85xx. This no FLASH BS is BS. I wouldn't mind if all new and upcoming BB's had similar rears, the rear of the 85xx and 9300 are ugly, now if they resembled the rear that of the pearl 91xx,Storm 9550 and Bold 9700 it would be very nice. Which leads me to this question, why is the rear of the 9650 look just like the 9630 when the 9650 is meant to be a Bold? (I know it's a "Tour 2" but still, there is no leather involved) So many questions, little answers, RIM needs to do something about their product line, it's all too confusing as to why they release the same **** different day.

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    Let's not also forget that the 9650 has inferioir processing power even compared with this 'lowly" 9300

First BlackBerry Curve 9300 Kepler Images Leak Out - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews

624mhz proc for the 9300 (same as 9700 and 9100).... 9650 is like 528mhz or something like that... LOL!!!!

Last edited by s2kneSs; 06-03-2010 at 03:07 PM.
    CrackBerry User

it looks totally similar to the 85xx series..

who is the designer of these phones? why cant they make a much bigger BB but keeping the traditional look with the full qwerty keyboard , with all these phones coming out with 3.7 and higher screens, they should make the screen bigger while retaining the traditional keyboard, make it a lil bit wider too.. and add to that a touch screen! with a trackpad.. that would look nice

geez whoever design their phones are so ughh..
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,768 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JCheartBB View Post
    it looks totally similar to the 85xx series..

who is the designer of these phones? why cant they make a much bigger BB but keeping the traditional look with the full qwerty keyboard , with all these phones coming out with 3.7 and higher screens, they should make the screen bigger while retaining the traditional keyboard, make it a lil bit wider too.. and add to that a touch screen! with a trackpad.. that would look nice

geez whoever design their phones are so ughh..
    but then it wouldn't be a Curve
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    PIN
    28ef53db

yea, we don't need this at all. an 8900 with 3G and the track pad is the way to go.

"oh get a 9700" you say

well I hate the bold keyboard, as does my wife. I actually returned my 9700 because the keys just felt so much smaller without the seperation like on the curve series.

curve keyboard > bold keyboard for me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

I just wish BB and Verizon would put out a GOOD 8330 successor. I had to switch finally because my Curve bit the dust and I bought a Tour on ebay. The Tour is a piece of junk. I need a work horse phone not Barbie's playful plastic fun phone. Between the thousand drop calls and battery losing charge by noon time I'm ready to go back to the curve.

Frustrating........technology keeps getting better yet RIM can't produce better products.
    CrackBerry Abuser

There should be no Curve series anymore. RIM needs to strip down to basics to compete, but they're doing the exact opposite by adding even more model lines (pearl flip, bold flip, slider) while keeping all their old ones.

RIM thinks they can make pathetic spec phones like the 8500 but with the iPhone 3GS at $99 now, how can RIM justify such bad phones around the same price point? Apple releases 1 new phone a year, and makes last year's model it's cheap phone. It's a simple strategy, limits brand/model confusion, and results in a very attractive $99 phone that outshines anything else in the price point.

I think RIM needs to stick to 1 qwerty/touch/candybar per year, and just make the previous year's qwerty their cheap qwerty, instead of making purposely gimpy phones like the Curves that end up being priced against the previous iPhone with far superior specs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,768 Global Posts

in 2008 the highest selling PHONE of all time (may have just been of the smart phones) was the 83xx series.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast