CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Curve 9300 Rogers to Wind

I Have a Rogers Blackberry Curve 9300 ..

According to Rogers Website it supports

GSM Bands:
    850/900/1800/1900
    HSPA Bands:
    850/1900/2100

Wind Mobile Supports the
    AWS 1700/2100 Bands

The phone is unlocked and running on the older *Edge* network but that is roaming on the rogers network ..

Should/Will this phone connect to the Wind Service on the 2100 Band? or am i sol?

Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    35,118 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

You'd need the 1700 band to receive 3G on Wind. So yes, SOL indeed.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

Default Unlocking Blackberry Curve 3G for WIND

If you want to get fast speed data connection (3G) with WIND by using unlocked Blackberry device you should get a Blackberry that supports the same bands (2100 / 1700)

If your Blackberry is from Mobilicity and has been unlocked it will work with WIND's fast data connection..
    Also, a US Branded T-mobile Blackberry that has been unlocked will work with WIND sim cards the same way..

Unlocked Rogers / Bell / AT&T Blackberry that used with WIND will give you EDGE (2G) speeds.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: BB Curve 9300 Rogers to Wind

Hello, I have a Rogers BB Curve 9300, it is unlocked, I am trying to use it with WIND SIM The SIM is for phone only, so I dont care if I get data 2G or 3G. I get edge or GSM coverage but it always show WIND AWAY. Which is fine as long as WIND is not charging me for romaing, but problem is that it keep loosing connection, and connection status goes to SOS until I scan and connect to network manually or turn off and turn back on the wireless, any help will be appreciative

Also I can receive phone calls but cannot make outgoing calls, it tries to call out and then the call drops

thanks
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SoUnCool View Post
    Hello, I have a Rogers BB Curve 9300, it is unlocked, I am trying to use it with WIND SIM The SIM is for phone only, so I dont care if I get data 2G or 3G. I get edge or GSM coverage but it always show WIND AWAY. Which is fine as long as WIND is not charging me for romaing, but problem is that it keep loosing connection, and connection status goes to SOS until I scan and connect to network manually or turn off and turn back on the wireless, any help will be appreciative

Also I can receive phone calls but cannot make outgoing calls, it tries to call out and then the call drops

thanks
    Hey, anyone found a solution to this? As well, I'm using an unlocked Blackberry 9300 on Wind- it only displays SOS, or occasionally WIND AWAY, no matter where I am in the GTA.