Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB 9300 issues. UK user

Hi, I was wondering about one general issue that bothers me. Month ago I bought my BlackBerry 9300 (not new) and seems to be on T-mobile, at least it has the logo on the phone and when starting up it shows too. So im using a PayAsYouGo Lebara sim card, Note:I live in UK. i found out that Lebara doesn't support internet for Blackberry. Also noticed that I don't have BB maps shortcut anywhere, I can't setup an e-mail, and some other stuff. So my general question is, If i bought idk a Vodafone PayAsYouGo sim card and asked them to turn on the data plan or blackberry internet service (BIS), should i have all my problems fixed? (like bb maps, e-mail etc.)

not sure what i need to do, but i need internet on my phone badly.

Oh CB Guru's, fans, help me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 UK
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphons View Post
    Hi, I was wondering about one general issue that bothers me. Month ago I bought my BlackBerry 9300 (not new) and seems to be on T-mobile, at least it has the logo on the phone and when starting up it shows too. So im using a PayAsYouGo Lebara sim card, Note:I live in UK. i found out that Lebara doesn't support internet for Blackberry. Also noticed that I don't have BB maps shortcut anywhere, I can't setup an e-mail, and some other stuff. So my general question is, If i bought idk a Vodafone PayAsYouGo sim card and asked them to turn on the data plan or blackberry internet service (BIS), should i have all my problems fixed? (like bb maps, e-mail etc.)

not sure what i need to do, but i need internet on my phone badly.

Oh CB Guru's, fans, help me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 UK
    When you put the Lebara sim card in your BlackBerry can you get a signal if yes then your phone may be unlocked to use any network.

As for using internet I have no clue about Lebara & how they work but the cheapest mobile internet & BIS is giffgaff which is running on the o2 network for BIS its 3 a month which is great compared to other networks as its normally 5 www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pac_man2012

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    BB User since 2008! - Currently using 9800/9790/Q10 - C0040B178
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by PacmanUK1 View Post
    When you put the Lebara sim card in your BlackBerry can you get a signal if yes then your phone may be unlocked to use any network.

As for using internet I have no clue about Lebara & how they work but the cheapest mobile internet & BIS is giffgaff which is running on the o2 network for BIS its 3 a month which is great compared to other networks as its normally 5 www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/pac_man2012

So if I go to this network, my problems listed above should be solved? And when I will activate the sim, it will set BIS on my phone auto?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphons View Post
    So if I go to this network, my problems listed above should be solved? And when I will activate the sim, it will set BIS on my phone auto?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300
    Yes it will solve all your problems that you are having at the moment & when you activate all you need to do is select BB Add-On.

BB User since 2008! - Currently using 9800/9790/Q10 - C0040B178