Battery with red X -- connection issues
10-08-12 02:32 PM
- Sorry for making a new thread but I'm on my last thread(sry for pun) of patience with the BB curve 9300 that I have.
Got an unlocked BB as a Christmas gift. Never had a BB before(complete newbie)Put in the sim and battery...phone worked fine..even got a phone call ...all fine.
Then I tried charging up the phone using wall charger.. phone initially looks like it charging.. i glance at it a bit later the screens turned off and red light is flashing.. after a min or so theres a battery with a red X through it and it wont turn on!!! So i get the computer cable and attach it to that to see if that works..same battery & x again. So i check a few forums ... do a soft reset (battery out etc) ..nothing ... read through more forums ... multiple suggestions..e.g use diff usb cable.. take battery out put back in while charging etc etc ... still the same.
Next I downloaded the BB software manager.. try flashing/reloading OS through that ... nothing ... fails at the "reconnecting to JVM" part cause it cant connect with device ... trouble shoot for that through forums .. try all suggestions ..nothing.. still the STUPID battery with red X
Also tried doing the same through the application loader method and using a dowgrade on the OS s/w ... still the same issue ..gets stuck at the 'reconnecting to JVM' ...and fails!!
For a first time user I'm at wits end with the BB i got.. there seems to be the Jm_cmder wipe thingy to do thats left but im a bit unsure if i should do that!!??!!
A desperate cry here to anyone that can help... I've read through forum after forum ..idea after idea ..and nothings worked... any help or direction would be much appreciated12-26-10 02:59 PM
- Bigtime2 - I don't think i have anyone close by who'd have the same battery to try out.. the curve 3G isn't available where I am yet.. got it as a gift from singapore...far far away from India.
90sjake - have you had or come across BBs with similar issues??
Thanks for the replies so far12-26-10 11:02 PM
- Try charging the device without the battery. What you'll see happen next is an indication of an issue between the device or either the battery, the device is not registering the battery.
I just received my BB Pearl 9100 xmas eve & I had the same issue right out of the box. I've gotta wait till the "right" department is open to have this rectified, most likely I'll be receiving another unit which will have had to be mailed out to me. It's a damm shame for me because I've been off work since xmas eve and would have had tons of time to get acquainted with the new model. When the replacement gets here I'll most likely be working 11-12 hours a day, five days a week. On top of having had to wait for this since I've found out about the announcement of the 9100.
Last edited by Blade_27; 12-26-10 at 11:35 PM.12-26-10 11:32 PM
- Update of sorts..
Managed to charge the battery without the phone and found out the battery is good.. no problems there.
got the charged battery put it in the phone at home and re-did the OS loading bit and got that done too...so yay for that :P
I was able to load the OS and use connectivity through the USB cable .. there however still seems to be an issue for the phone to charge through the usb cable.. at the moment it seems to be charging through the wall charger.
going to have wait and watch to see if its fixed completely or not
either my usb port cant supply enough power or there's an issue with the connector pins on the phone is what i figure12-27-10 10:10 AM
- Hm... The bad bats I've had before acted like that also. They would get charged fully with the wall dock charger then once in the phone they would either not work at all or they would seem to work fine for anywhere from minutes to a couple hours and then shut the phone off and on would come the red light or the red x. Let us know what happends. Also the curve 8500 series and 8300 series use the same cs2 battery as the 9300/9330.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com12-27-10 12:45 PM
- I have the same issue. I have just replaced a broken screen on my blackberry with one from the internet and the screen is connected. I have tested it with multiple batteries all fully charged in another device so I know the batteries work. I can also see the battery symbol so I can see that the screen is fully functional. However, when I try to turn the device on it does nothing.10-08-12 02:32 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 3G
Battery with red X -- connection issues
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD