Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default App funcionality not working

I recently unlocked my Blackberry Curve 9300, and replaced the Vodafone SIM with a Orange SIM. Since then I can no longer use or access my bbm, Blackberry World, Emails, Whatsapp, and other apps. I get an Error message: Blackberry World is having trouble connecting to the Blackberry server, verify your network connections.

I have tried to resetting, restoring, all my settings but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

Do you have a BlackBerry specific data plan associated with your Orange SIM?
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

not sure, how would I find out? and is there a way to change the data plan?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AB9C463

In order to use the older models of BlackBerry phones, you would need to have a BlackBerry data plan. Is your carrier Orange or Voda? You should call you carrier and ask about their various plans. BlackBerry phones need the plan to access BBM, and other apps on the phone, and will not work with a generic data plan.
    Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum...
    Z10 (v10.2.x.xxx Rogers), Playbook (v2.1.0.1314) | Rooted SGS IV
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks it took me a while to sort it with my provider. I know have Facebook and email but when ever I open Blackberry app world it tells me I have to upgrade to continue using blackberry world. When I click upgrade it just closes and a couple of hours later I get this error:

"Uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_browser_daemon(345) is not responding; process terminated"

does anyone have any advice?

also my browser does not open at all, and I can't anything through blackberry desktop.