- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
Im trying to figure out why I can't get 3G. Cell tower broadcasts 3G on 1900mHz, cell phone works on GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, then: why does it say EDGE by the signal bar? I researched, and as far as an unlocked GSM phone works on the same frequency as the 3G signal is broadcasted on, it should be able to pick it up. I also checke with the carrier and they assured me as far as the GSM mobile works on the same frequency they use for 3G it should get 3G. Please help. I use old Blackberry Curve 8520. Thank you so much
- 01-14-14, 11:11 AM #2
Welcome to the forums!
Double check if the device isn't set to work on 2G (EDGE) only. Change it to 2G/3G and it's likely it will get a 3G signal.
If it already is set in such manner, go to a store and have them check your plan. You could have an issue. An outdated SIM card is also a possibility.Forum Rules: Community Rules & Guidelines Quick Help: BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | OS Arquive: BB10 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 (10.2.1+) |Sideloading : BB10 10.2.0-/PlayBook |Google Play Store: BB10 |Update/Reload Software: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BBOS | Battery Saving : BBOS - PlayBook - BB10 | Dead Battery: Stack Charging | BB AppWorld: Refunds
My Apps: Papo GP | My Channel: Project Management
- By crackberry_geek in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 10Last Post: 01-23-14, 07:32 AM
- By Swastika Mishra in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 1Last Post: 01-13-14, 01:44 PM
- By pomolo in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 7Last Post: 01-13-14, 01:48 AM
- By LAMBRETTAZ10 in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 1Last Post: 01-10-14, 08:26 AM
- By zten in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 6Last Post: 12-28-13, 01:05 PM