Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Qaxl
  • 3 Post By Ben1232
  • 1 Post By Dirtymike14
  • 2 Post By Plazmic Flame
  • 1 Post By antoscimento
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default [Fan Made Concept] Tall Q10 anyone ?

Was Just Wondering how many people would be interested in a form factor like this.

Not a Slider .. But just a Tall Screened Qwerty device.

I know it wont be the most ergonomic thing in the world ... but if the screen is just 4" .. might just work ?

your thoughts ?

[Fan Made Concept] Tall Q10 anyone ?-q30.jpg

Imagine the Qwerty Keyboard Always there, no need to slide it up, the full touchscreen is present no compromises on Pixels ... and the Bezel between the keyboard and the screen makes the gestures super easy.
    Thanked by:
    amazinglygraceless (12-15-2013) 
    Stephen N Cooper likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Lots would like that from what I've read but that's not for me. I'd rather scroll and not get laughed at.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,970 Global Posts

I would prefer a slider. A little chunkier but much shorter when you are just using the screen.
    Thanked by:
    zensen (12-16-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

I'd like it just fine. An excellent idea!

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Qaxl View Post
    Was Just Wondering how many people would be interested in a form factor like this.

Not a Slider .. But just a Tall Screened Qwerty device.

I know it wont be the most ergonomic thing in the world ... but if the screen is just 4" .. might just work ?

your thoughts ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q30.jpg 
Views:	2839 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	225799

Imagine the Qwerty Keyboard Always there, no need to slide it up, the full touchscreen is present no compromises on Pixels ... and the Bezel between the keyboard and the screen makes the gestures super easy.
    I would buy two.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,970 Global Posts

I would sure appreciate renders with dimensions so the reader could be able to judge if the design is realistic.
    Or

Paste in a Q10 with the exact same keyboard dimensions. Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Sorry. Nice rendering job but that is not a good looking phone. It looks really awkward. I guess it's just not for me.
    For the best typing experience only one brand does it the best. That brand is BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry. Nobody likes a typo.

Check out my collection of CB and BB wallpapers
    CrackBerry Abuser

This is exactly what an iPhone 5 with that new typo keyboard case would look like. This would be so much better if it were a slider

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts

The only thing that I really don't like about my Q10 is the 1:1 aspect ratio. It makes watching any videos a pain and you have a more limited selection of apps, I mean I had to sideload Kindle because I couldn't get it in BlackBerry World for my device. I would really like a phone with a standard 16:9 aspect ration. That being said I think if your going to do that a slider would be the best option somewhere between 4.2 to 4.5 inch screen would be perfect for me.

Sent from my Q10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

The concept is good. I think to the eye it is too long. If it were wider and not as long (proportions) it would rock. Build a Q30 and I am in. Dig my Z10 but miss many aspects of my 9900. (I still can't part with it) Oh and incorporate all the goods from OS 7.1 they left out in original 10 build.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    PIN
    764FC921

Looks like my TV remote control!! Appreciate the efforts though..

Posted via CB10
    Back to iPhone 5!
    Retired Mod

PIN
    PIN:ky Tuscadero

Just based on the looks it appears that that would be top heavy and unbalanced. Nice idea but the screen to keyboard difference seems unworkable.
    CrackBerry Addict

I kinda like it. Wish it would be shorter though. And please for people asking about usability on one hand or just nagging about its size I mean come on we live in a market with a note 3 and an xperia Z ultra so if ur ok with q10 stay with it and let Blackberry not miss... another potential... why not a 5.5 blackberry phablet and a sibling keyboard with the same form and shape but just with keyboard... that would be nice and ofcourse a sibling Q for the z30

Posted via my Q10
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,724 Global Posts

There are lots of people who wants this, myself included but of course the screen is too tall in the concept photo provided. I don't need a smartphone/light saber combo

Posted via CB Forums iOS app

Don't be afraid to LIKE or say THANKS
    What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

Qaxl and BroncoVAL like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by antoscimento View Post
    I kinda like it. Wish it would be shorter though. And please for people asking about usability on one hand or just nagging about its size I mean come on we live in a market with a note 3 and an xperia Z ultra so if ur ok with q10 stay with it and let Blackberry not miss... another potential.
    Nobody in this thread mentions one-handed use of the device, but a crucial consideration on a device like this would be the ergonomics of the device when you are actually holding it to type on it, if a qwerty BB has a sub-optimal typing experience then the device should be binned as it is utterly pointless because if you want a typing experience that isn't quite as good as a q10 then you can go for an all-touch device.

There is room for them to build a much bigger qwerty device, but it is vital that any design considers whether or not the device is usable in comfort when held normally.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

and i just realized, playing games in landscape mode, it would be difficult to get the thumb on the screen from over the keyboard
    CrackBerry Abuser

It looks weird. And it'd stick out of a pocket. I'd see it snapping if half in no time.

BB Proud
    CrackBerry Addict

No. Maybe a 4:3 ratio screen with a suitable keyboard yes. But this no

Posted via my Q10/Playbook/Curve
    Bbnivende likes this.