Just picked up a BlackBerry Classic and noticed the x key is not nearly as clicky as the other keys. Have you Classic owners noticed this or is it just me?

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 04:49 PM
    Had this problem. Returned for another one that had multiple key irregularities. Returned that one and the third was and is absolutely perfect. Do not accept these flaws. It will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 07:23 PM
    Had this problem. Returned for another one that had multiple key irregularities. Returned that one and the third was and is absolutely perfect. Do not accept these flaws. It will only get worse.

Posted via CB10
    where r u from ? I also experience some issues but due to the fear of getting a wrong deevice after replacement andgoing through all the hassle,i am putting up with them if u submit ur fone once to service center than god knows how long will it take them to give another device and as such BB is only for few keyboard loyalists like us...there r very few BB service stations left and they too do not provide good service

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:40 AM
    There have been a couple of reports regarding keyboards with some non-clicky keys. Usually you either live with it or, since it is a newly bought device anyways, I'd send it back to get a replacement. While the Classic isn't a top-notch flagship, it still is an expensive device and I wouldn't except flaws like these out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:40 AM
    It's not too much of a problem as it's just one key and it's an "x" which isn't used much. Just wanted to know if there's an easy fix to make it somewhat more clicky?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 02:19 AM
    No DIY fix I am aware of

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:30 AM
    I've had this with the space key on an older BlackBerry. I first thought it's not so bad but I can tell you to better return the device on warranty as long as you can. It gets really annoying and the typing experience does suffer a lot.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 05:38 AM
    My first problem Classic was returned within 7 days to ATT and I was given a brand new defective unit. That one lasted two days and I went right back to the same store and they gave me a third brand new one that was perfect. I am in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 07:05 AM
    I got this through Amazon Warehouse deals. So it was an open box. Not sure if it's worth returning it. I doubt they'll let me exchange it...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 01:12 PM
    My first problem Classic was returned within 7 days to ATT and I was given a brand new defective unit. That one lasted two days and I went right back to the same store and they gave me a third brand new one that was perfect. I am in NYC.

Posted via CB10
    do they return or exchange the device on the spot in ur country ? in mine, they would first not even bother to consider the problem and after lots of arguments even if u succeed in convincing them,they may take ur device and send u back and than u just have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting...every time u call,they will ask u to revert back after 7 days or 15 days and those 7 or 15 days never get over for u

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 12:50 AM
    do they return or exchange the device on the spot in ur country ? in mine, they would first not even bother to consider the problem and after lots of arguments even if u succeed in convincing them,they may take ur device and send u back and than u just have to keep waiting and waiting and waiting...every time u call,they will ask u to revert back after 7 days or 15 days and those 7 or 15 days never get over for u

Posted via CB10
    Here in Germany for example you don't deal ever with BlackBerry directly but with the source you bought the phone from. Be it a carrier, an online shop or a retailer. You fill a warranty claim with that source, send the device to them, they do a quick check and send them over to BlackBerry. Takes usually four to eight weeks till you get your device back.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 03:14 AM
    This is in NYC and I am a business customer though a small one. Only have 3 phones with them. They replaced the phones with new, sealed units on the spot. No waiting for a return from service center.
    04-21-15 10:18 AM
    This is in NYC and I am a business customer though a small one. Only have 3 phones with them. They replaced the phones with new, sealed units on the spot. No waiting for a return from service center.
    but how wud one know abt the defects if the unit is sealed ?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 10:50 AM
    I opened it and took it home and returned it.
    04-21-15 11:57 AM
    I opened it and took it home and returned it.
    and they replaced it on the spot ?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 12:13 PM
    Yes. And they apologized. I am a business customer with 3 lines on ATT and 7 lines on Verizon. They know I have 7 lines on VZW and they know I have been toying with moving them to ATT.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-15 08:03 PM
    Yes. And they apologized. I am a business customer with 3 lines on ATT and 7 lines on Verizon. They know I have 7 lines on VZW and they know I have been toying with moving them to ATT.

Posted via CB10
    ohkay ..... as I am from india,to be honest I don't understand a thing abt verizon and ATT u guys discuss here as I have never heard of such things in india....here u don't get fones on contract...U have to pay the full price which is much,much higher compared to other countries,in india.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 01:14 AM
    I ended up with a perfectly clicky Classic keyboard. So nice to use actually.

One thing I'd like to see is a touch enabled Classic keyboard because I often find myself trying to swipe back to correct words like I do on my Passport. I think they're probably going to take that tech and apply it to devices going forward. Would make perfect sense because it works wonderfully on the Passport. Brilliant feature that is...

Posted via CB10
    04-22-15 05:07 PM
    I ended up with a perfectly clicky Classic keyboard. So nice to use actually.

One thing I'd like to see is a touch enabled Classic keyboard because I often find myself trying to swipe back to correct words like I do on my Passport. I think they're probably going to take that tech and apply it to devices going forward. Would make perfect sense because it works wonderfully on the Passport. Brilliant feature that is...

Posted via CB10
    do u have any gap issue or double type issue on ur classic ?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 02:05 AM
    I got this through Amazon Warehouse deals. So it was an open box. Not sure if it's worth returning it. I doubt they'll let me exchange it...

Posted via CB10
    Got mine the same way and the "S" key was not as clicky.
    04-28-15 09:48 AM