I am looking to upgrade to the classic. I have lots of photos as well as some SMS and whatsapp conversations that I do not want to lose. Will I be able to transfer through bb link if I back up all first and restore to bb classic
    01-22-15 10:20 AM
    I am looking to upgrade to the classic. I have lots of photos as well as some SMS and whatsapp conversations that I do not want to lose. Will I be able to transfer through bb link if I back up all first and restore to bb classic
    Full backup and restore will do the job. However, sometimes bugs happen when you do this because of different setting differences across devices
    If you want to transfer whatsapp, make sure you toggle the setting in whatsapp app to backup your conversations, else it won't get backed up
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-22-15 10:27 AM
    I was hoping that photos and files would be easy. I wasn't aware that SMS could be saved but you're saying it is. I'm still confused about whatsapp. I have looked at my App but don't know where to find the setting to back up. Sorry for being a bit dumb
    01-22-15 10:38 AM
    Under settings --> media settings --> backup conversation
    It's not hard tbh, once you do it once

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:51 AM
    I was hoping that photos and files would be easy. I wasn't aware that SMS could be saved but you're saying it is. I'm still confused about whatsapp. I have looked at my App but don't know where to find the setting to back up. Sorry for being a bit dumb
    Even without using Link photos are easy enough, you can just set your phone to usb mass storage mode and save them all to your desktop and then plug in the new phone and do the same thing and drag and drop. Or even easier would be if you use a micro SD card and save everything to it so you can just swap it from phone to phone and you're done.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 10:57 AM
    Thanks. I didn't know that was there. I keep forgetting that you have to pull done the menu on the app itself. Doh
    01-22-15 10:57 AM
    I do have all photos on my sd card on the Q10. Will that card fit the Classic?
    01-22-15 11:07 AM
    I do have all photos on my sd card on the Q10. Will that card fit the Classic?
    Yes. There is only 1 size for microSD :P
    01-22-15 09:19 PM
    Took a trip to the shopping mall to hold the classic and the iphone6! I got to play with an iphone6 but no store had a classic for me to touch. Forgive this question on a blackberry forum but could all my data etc be moved from a Q10 to an iPhone. Sorry but have to ask
    01-23-15 06:40 AM