Wind Mobile has this great plan for $50 month. I live 1/2 mile from the US border and have to have a pay as you go plan with Telus because of the roaming that happens. 90% of the time I have no cell coverage on my phone at home. I phoned Wind Mobile and spoke with 2 different people about whether my BB Classic would work on their cellular system. Neither had the answer and suggested I bring in my phone and they would put a SIM in and see. Anyone here know the answer? Here is the plan Wind Mobile is selling:

Unlimited US Roaming: Unlimited Data, Text and 2400 minutes of CA/US-wide Talk
    Unlimited Data (10GB full speed allotment)
    (Fair Usage Policy Applies)
    Unlimited Canada/US-wide Calling
    Unlimited Global Texting
    Unlimited Canada/US-wide Picture/Video Messaging
    Up to $150 in Bring/Buy Your Own Phone Credits or WINDtab
    Voicemail+
    Call Control (Caller ID, Missed Call Alerts, Conference Calling, Call Forwarding, Call Waiting)
    World Saver Talk & Text (International Calling from 1�/min to over 200 places & Unlimited Global Text)
    World Traveller (Reduced roaming rates in over 50 countries across the Americas and Europe)
    No Hidden Fees, System Access Fees or Activation Fees
    Use your unlimited features anywhere on our netw
    04-21-15 09:04 PM
    Is your phone factory unlocked? If so, it will work on their network. The only problem with Wind, is all those unlimited features only work when you're in a Wind zone, as soon as you leave their zone, you're on their partner networks and pay per use charges. You'd have to figure out if your house is within their zone.

Edit: sorry, didn't read the title correctly. Yes, your phone will work since it's purchased direct from BlackBerry.
    kitmo likes this.
    04-21-15 09:15 PM
    Thanks BB. I looked up their coverage on coveragemapper.com and it is nip and tuck whether our house is in their network versus being on their Wind partner or their partner away. I did ask would I be charged if I wound up on T Mobility or ATT and one fellow said "no problem, you won't be charged if you use our partners". Wouldn't the unlimited Canada and USA Canada roaming keep me from being charged when I use another carrier such as T Mobile or ATT? Or am I missing something important LOL?
    Last edited by kitmo; 04-21-15 at 11:25 PM.
    04-21-15 09:58 PM
    Don't let winds coverage map fool you. I live well within the coverage network here in the gta and I lose signal all the time. It's quite sad to be honest.
    kitmo likes this.
    04-21-15 11:53 PM
    The classic model 004 works best on Wind, and their spectrum is high and doesn't penetrate buildings well. That's the price you and I pay for wanting cheap phone service that inst double and a half minus all the data at Robellus.
    kitmo likes this.
    04-22-15 12:37 AM
    Brinia my model is SQC100-4 --so maybe I am out of luck. Or not depending on your experience with Wind LOL.
    04-22-15 10:29 AM
    Brinia my model is SQC100-4 --so maybe I am out of luck. Or not depending on your experience with Wind LOL.

Wind Mobile for my BB Classic purchased from BB Store/Canada-img_20150422_161726.png
    Wind Mobile for my BB Classic purchased from BB Store/Canada-img_20150422_161735.png

Your classic will work fine with their network, just double check coverage like others have said, if you get a plan and get home to find you are constantly roaming on telus or bell than you can go back and cancel with no hassles

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    04-22-15 03:18 PM
    Thanks Jason. I appreciate your comments and time that you took to help. I will go up to Wind Mobile tomorrow and try it out. Are you in Vancouver or elsewhere? I am in South Surrey a stone's throw from the the Pacific truck crossing.
    04-22-15 05:26 PM
    Thanks Jason. I appreciate your comments and time that you took to help. I will go up to Wind Mobile tomorrow and try it out. Are you in Vancouver or elsewhere? I am in South Surrey a stone's throw from the the Pacific truck crossing.
    I am in southern Ontario, a stones throw from the Detroit boarder crossing, so I am in the same situation as you, except half a continent away... isnt the internet a cool place?

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    04-23-15 06:22 AM
    It will work with Wind if you have an unlocked Blackberry Classic from any Canadian network or direct from Blackberry

But yes, as others have said, you need to make sure you are in a wind zone
    kitmo likes this.
    04-24-15 06:30 AM
    The classic works great with Wind. I get 4G most of the time in SouthWestern Ontario and roaming in the US works beautifully. It uses AT&T and T-Mobile networks when in the US, depending on availability. The Canadian plan plus US roaming plan is better than most plans offered for the US by US carriers....
    kitmo likes this.
    04-24-15 10:05 AM
    Thanks so much everyone for your help. I still haven't made it to the Wind Mobile office, but I will soon. I feel reassured enough to take the plunge.
    04-24-15 10:17 AM
    Just back from switching to Wind Mobile from Telus. I got the $50 plan that has everything I described in my first post. Wind Mobile felt that I likely would pick up Wind Mobile where I live, but they said "no problem if you don't receive it just go onto one of our partners AT&T or T Mobile. It seems I have 40 Hrs. of calling per month and unlimited text and 1 GB of data if I roam to the US. So driving home, I looped all over driving along 0 Avenue which is a street that has USA on one side and Canada on the other. Great reception--until I drive 6 blocks north to my street and no Wind Mobile reception at all. But all is not lost because as advised, I put my phone onto AT&T and have 5 bars, and I got a little message from Wind saying "welcome to the USA, you are on AT&T". So all is good. Got some perks too--one free month of service and $10 a month of free roaming fees for 15 months. They was at line up at the Wind Mobile kiosk so there other Canucks tired of being hosed by our other carriers.
    04-24-15 04:45 PM
    There are two Wind icons on my screen now. One I know is My Account, but what is the other one for? I started fiddling with it and lost my service by choosing automatic I think. I fiddled again and whatever I did fixed it. I can't find any instructions about it. Help please. Thanks.
    04-24-15 09:12 PM
    There are two Wind icons on my screen now. One I know is My Account, but what is the other one for? I started fiddling with it and lost my service by choosing automatic I think. I fiddled again and whatever I did fixed it. I can't find any instructions about it. Help please. Thanks.

Wind Mobile for my BB Classic purchased from BB Store/Canada-img_20150425_111254.png

This is to access your sim card and change your account settings with WIND, I suggest you do not change anything if you are not comfortable with the settings, because like you found out you can mess with your network connection

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    04-25-15 10:15 AM